Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
have you considered the Sigma DP1??
I have seen ads for this camera but I am going to stick with my Pentax DSLR. Its price tag is out of my budget unless I sell my istDL. And I know that I can't live without DSLR. I was with just P&S for a while when upgrading my 35mm gear to digital and it wasn't something I would go back too :-) Plus I can always take my wife's P&S if I want to travel extremely light.

06-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all replies. I think I will pull the trigger on K200D. Just got to go back home and do some budgeting before visiting Amazon site. :-)
06-26-2008, 11:39 AM   #18

I understand your concern, but again, comparitively, there's such a small difference it's hardly worth comparing much further for your purposes in the backpack. Things like extra sets of batteries, whether or not you use battery holders, a lens hood, etc would have more of an impact at this point.

One thing I will say, speaking of weight, if you are NOT using a tripod (which is another weight issue), having the advantage of Shake Reduction on your hiking trips will be worth it's WEIGHT in gold!