Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2015, 02:42 PM - 2 Likes   #121
Loyal Site Supporter

No camera is too old to learn. Up until last year I taught myself digital photography using a Minolta Alpha Sweet Digital, an old first-generation DSLR, and before that I used various Minolta film SLRs. A kit zoom and 50mm was perfect for me for many years until I decided I wanted to make photography a serious hobby. That camera took some great photos. My advice is just get as old of a DSLR that's still working, learn basic techniques, and decide if you want to be serious. Ignore technical features that don't improve basic skills. Then if you decide it's a real hobby for you, buy something modern. A silent focus, 5 stops of shake reduction, 14-bit raw, and 500k iso wont teach you anything and if you're deciding whether this is something you like, those things won't help either. I'd say if you want to know how a modern camera handles use your wife's camera in the back yard if she's that iffy about sharing her camera.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, dslr, frog, frogs, images, jpg, k-30, k100ds, k10d, k200d, lens, mud, olympus, pee, pef, pentax, photography, pm, sensor, sharpness, weeks, wife, world