Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2008, 08:42 PM   #31
Inactive Account

K200D definitely ships with the MKII, if you look for it.

My kit from Amazon came with the MKII.

Personally, if I had to do it again, I'd just buy the body only and dig a little deeper for a decent lens. I really liked the Tamron 28-75 (except for very close FF issue), and I would have kept it had my new lenses not been redundant in focal length.

The kit lens isn't horrible, don't get me wrong, but the Tamron definitely blows it out of the water.

If you want to save a little money, get the K200D and the 16-45mm at the same time. I'm liking the 16-45mm so far, though I haven't done a lot of testing with it. IQ seems pretty good, though, and getting the $100 MIR for the lens (I bought K20D and lenses at same time) is pretty freakin' sweet, making it $100 less than the Tamron after rebate. Just realize you're giving up a stop (it's F/4)

06-27-2008, 07:08 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I'd like to thank everyone in the forum for your help. This site is amazing.

I haven't asked this question in any Nikon fora because info about the D60 is plentiful, and I was also able to play with one at a number of stores locally. What I like best about it is the slightly faster fps, because I could see myself utilizing it as some point, and the settings displayed on the rear LCD instead of the top. While I like the classic look of the top LCD on the Pentax, the Nikon's display is very nice.

My main concern is image quality, though, and I see that high quality images are possible with any camera/equipment/photographer combination, so that's basically a wash.

The value of the Pentax is inarguable, though, and I'd be getting a camera that can grow with my skills. My original plan was to get a Canon XSi, but for a bit more than the price of the Canon and kit lens, I can get the K200D, kit lens, Tamron 70-300, 360 FGZ flash, battery grip, and a remote if I want it (love those rebates!).

I just wish I could handle one locally. I'll probably try to find one this weekend before I blind buy (something I really hate to do).
06-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MJB Quote
I just bought mine off Amazon last week and it came with the MK2 lens; $543 US after $100 mail in rebate.

Arrived in two days and I couldn't be more pleased.

Enjoy the day.
What about getting the body only and getting the Tamron 17-50/2.8? Or maybe getting the kit and keeping the lens as a backup to the Tamron?