Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
12-08-2015, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I've had a Flucard for a year now, (still haven't opened it) and cannot find one situation where it would be useful to me. What are you all taking photos of that having it is beneficial? Maybe someone will give me an idea to try something different.
Candids of grand children indoors and out. Bird and wild life from warmth and shelter of my vehicle. fire works from shelter and comfort. predetermined shots at events while sipping mint jullips and thinking up more remote shots that you could use the flu card on. Unlimited when you want to be alienated from your camera for comfort ,protection ,anonymity etc.

12-08-2015, 01:22 PM   #17
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJSfoto1956 Quote
[LIST][*]well an obvious use case is to have your camera hanging by your side (or on your lap while sitting on a bench, or whatever) pointed at someone but YOU appear to be looking at and interacting with your iPhone, so the person being photographed is acting "normally".
Very interesting, Michael... and, I might say, not obvious to *me* LOL This might be rather useful to me. Although not a shy individual, I do go out of my way to avoid confrontation with my photography. I like this for potential street use (sitting in a cafe, camera on table)
12-08-2015, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

I've had a Flucard for a year now, (still haven't opened it) and cannot find one situation where it would be useful to me. What are you all taking photos of that having it is beneficial? Maybe someone will give me an idea to try something different.
OK, so this isn't exactly High Art, but ... when I'm on vacation with my family, it often looks like they went somewhere and had a great time without me -- because I'm always BEHIND the camera.

The FluCard allows me to get some more shots that include my ugly mug and actually are framed/composed somewhat purposefully, rather than haphazardly by running back and forth between the family pose and the back screen of the camera to see if everything looks good enough, hoping to be able to crop the shot acceptably later.

My FluCard doesn't get used a lot, but it does get used.
12-08-2015, 04:55 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Think of every situation where you would take a shot with a wired or IR remote, Rockstarr, and now think that you can do it without a cable, and without line-of-site ... even from the next room!

12-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use it and find it useful. Sometimes I get a glitchy view in the browser, but I use it for low angles or for places I can't stand. I have put it on old railroad tracks, in trees. It's fun and I have no complaints with it
12-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just unexpectedly received one. Think it will be useful for wildlife and auroras. You know, sitting in a nice warm car or tent instead of standing outside when it's twenty below could be a nice change.
12-09-2015, 05:01 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll either find a use for it, or pass it on to someone else by way of the marketplace.

12-09-2015, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #23

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just ordered one as they are a lot cheaper now. Its a shame they haven't upgraded it to make it faster, higher capacity and perhaps more functions.

Jeff
12-09-2015, 01:30 PM   #24
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by screwdriver222 Quote
I just ordered one as they are a lot cheaper now. Its a shame they haven't upgraded it to make it faster, higher capacity and perhaps more functions.

Jeff
I agree, Jeff. That said, I guess the assumption is that it will be cleared down after each session, and as we're storing JPEGs on the card - where 16Gb will store hundreds of images - and most likely to store RAW files on card 1 (whatever size that may be), capacity isn't really an issue...
12-09-2015, 09:21 PM   #25

I bought an adjustable hot-shoe mount tripod head, and an iPhone clip that fits a 1/4" tripod screw. That setup gives me a live-view screen at any angle, courtesy of the Flucard. I use it for closeup work.