Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2015, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #1

K-30 Problem: Good experience with Ricoh Imaging South Africa

Bought a K-30 in July 2014 from Camera Warehouse in Johannesburg. During July 2015 it developed the dreaded aperture control mechanism failure. Camera Warehouse had it shipped and fixed promptly at no cost to me. (Kudos to Colin and company ) It worked fine until a week ago, same issue.
I contacted Ricoh Imaging South Africa on the 10th December and explained my issue to Brett. On the 11th December I picked up a replacement K-50 and handed the K-30 in to their local agents, wait for it......at no cost to me!
Yes, I was disappointed with the K-30 component failure on an otherwise wonderful camera for my purposes. The super way in which it was addressed by Ricoh Imaging locally is in my opinion an indication of their positive attitude towards their clients and Pentax!
Viva Pentax!

12-12-2015, 03:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Good to hear TFS!
12-12-2015, 04:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie Victor Quote
Bought a K-30 in July 2014 from Camera Warehouse in Johannesburg. During July 2015 it developed the dreaded aperture control mechanism failure. Camera Warehouse had it shipped and fixed promptly at no cost to me. (Kudos to Colin and company ) It worked fine until a week ago, same issue.
I contacted Ricoh Imaging South Africa on the 10th December and explained my issue to Brett. On the 11th December I picked up a replacement K-50 and handed the K-30 in to their local agents, wait for it......at no cost to me!
Yes, I was disappointed with the K-30 component failure on an otherwise wonderful camera for my purposes. The super way in which it was addressed by Ricoh Imaging locally is in my opinion an indication of their positive attitude towards their clients and Pentax!
Viva Pentax!
Very nice to hear, I also had good experience dealing with my K-30 repair.

Just one thing, the K-50 seems to have more or less the same problem, so keep an eye on it
12-12-2015, 06:47 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Very nice to hear, I also had good experience dealing with my K-30 repair.

Just one thing, the K-50 seems to have more or less the same problem, so keep an eye on it
Yes, it seems so. Will keep my eye on it, crossing fingers at the same time hoping I got a "good one"! :-)

Corn