Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-12-2015, 11:56 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Really Right Stuff L-Plate Fits Many Cameras!

Over the years I've owned numerous "L-Plates" from Really Right Stuff (RRS). Their products are expensive, but certainly of the highest quality.

Today I received my RRS - L-plate for Pentax K-3. I purchased it for the new K3-II that I just purchased from B&H for just $729.

While RRS has a different custom "L-Plate" for the K-5/K-7 camera series, I found that this K-3 L-Plate fit just about perfectly on my K5IIs camera (see photos)!

When on the K5IIs, all of the side access doors and the bottom battery compartment door opened just fine. However, I did observe that this K-3 L-Plate was not centered perfectly on the back LCD screen of the K5IIs. I do not believe this would be a problem when shooting stitched panos because the the L-Plate's 2 plates each seem to be centered pretty good on the lens itself.

So, the RRS custom L-plate for the Pentax K3/K3II can be used on the following other Pentax Cameras: K5, K5II, K5IIs, and K7.

However, I do not believe the opposite is true - i.e. I would not expect that the RRS K5 L-Plate would fit onto the K3.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 11-14-2016 at 08:49 PM.
12-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Excellent, I missed out on a "K5" RRS L-bracket at KEH a few weeks back so this is great news.