Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
K-x problems

I have a K-x camera that will power up but the flash and the LCD screen will not work. Can anyone give me an idea what has caused this? I'm totally new to this camera model, so I'm very unfamiliar with it and it's workings.

Thanks in advance.

12-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Did you purchase this used?

Is the flash popped up & on?

Is the LCD into display turned off during shooting? Try pressing the menu button.
12-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Are the batteries fully charged?
12-16-2015, 12:52 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Check the batteries first. Sounds a bit odd though. The Lcd may be off by default (pressing info a couple of times will fix that). If the batteries don't fix the problem, it sounds like it might have a problem

12-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't forget that with Pentax, if the flash is closed, it won't pop up on its own. I prefer this behaviour, but my friends D7000 will pop the flash up on its own.
12-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I have a K-x camera that will power up but the flash and the LCD screen will not work. Can anyone give me an idea what has caused this? I'm totally new to this camera model, so I'm very unfamiliar with it and it's workings.
I have two K-x cameras, which have had heavy use for three years, and occasional use since then.
Although I've never bothered with the on-board flash, the LCD on one of them became really intermittent.
Now I leave its LCD turned on all the time (rather than killing it with the INFO button).
Some users have found that pressing the rear panel back into tight contact with the body can help to revive a reluctant LCD.
12-16-2015, 03:43 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote

Thanks in advance.

Refund, Dewman.