Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Who was it that said weater sealing was not important...????

Hi all, just a quick drop in.

I am in currently in Hong Kong and got caught in the rain while hiking up to a monastery on Lantau Island. And when I say rain...I mean torrential tropical downpour that lasted an hour.

I was carrying the K20 and assorted lenses in my Tamrac sling bag. Upon arriving back home I tentatively unpacked the Tamrac.

The inside of the bag was wet!! The k20 was damp but OK, the two lenses in the side & bottom of the bag came out dripping water. Fortuneatley both have dried off and work fine.

Conclusion: Tamrac bag not water proof...and I need to pay more respect to the weather man.

PS: Shopping good, so far have added a 43 ltd to my kit and a Tokina 235 f2.8...and what a gem of a lens that is for $200!! (more on that later) , now I'm off to get a waterproof bag.

06-29-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, when you shoot outdoor, it is important.

Unfortunately, not all out lenses and bodies are sealed. So, the solution is just a weather sealed bag. I had my Lowepro AW bag to protect all the stuff with a rain bag inside which can be opened to cover the whole bag under heavy rain. It saved my Pentax gear for times.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Hi all, just a quick drop in.

I am in currently in Hong Kong and got caught in the rain while hiking up to a monastery on Lantau Island. And when I say rain...I mean torrential tropical downpour that lasted an hour.

I was carrying the K20 and assorted lenses in my Tamrac sling bag. Upon arriving back home I tentatively unpacked the Tamrac.

The inside of the bag was wet!! The k20 was damp but OK, the two lenses in the side & bottom of the bag came out dripping water. Fortuneatley both have dried off and work fine.

Conclusion: Tamrac bag not water proof...and I need to pay more respect to the weather man.

PS: Shopping good, so far have added a 43 ltd to my kit and a Tokina 235 f2.8...and what a gem of a lens that is for $200!! (more on that later) , now I'm off to get a waterproof bag.