Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2015, 05:14 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You can bracket on/off the anti-aliasing filter; introduced in firmware V1.02.

12-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've only noticed moiré once and that was on a flash shot so the filter wouldn't have done any difference.

Regards,
--Anders.
12-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
Exactly! It happened to me once and luckily the people who hired me to do the video didn't sport the problem. With (Raw) photo's you still have a chance to rectify the problem, but with video that is far more problematic.
Except that the AA filter emulation is not available in video mode (User Manual p58).

Steve
12-23-2015, 03:03 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Except that the AA filter emulation is not available in video mode (User Manual p58).

Steve
Good catch Steve! (Dutch User Manual p66). I assigned the AA filter emulation not directly to the video mode but trough a user mode on my K-3 without the video switch engaged. That is why I probably didn't notice that this function isn't available. I just checked it on my camera with the video mode engaged to be sure and you are a 100% right. Next time I have to interview somebody with a very distinct pattern on his shirt I'll try to solve the moire problem my self in stead of relying on the camera to do that. Thanks!

Remco

12-24-2015, 05:21 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
I actually much prefer Fuji's solution to the problem of moire: just change the pattern on the sensor. Then you don't need the AA-filter, or decide to turn it on or off. I mean, I don't go checking each image just to see if it has moire, then re-shoot if it does.

I usually leave the AA-filter simulation off though.
01-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I never changed AA filter simulator on my K3. What is the factory default value?
Looks like there are two options Type1 and Type2 and manual does not elaborate on the differences. Are there any preference for one over the other?
01-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
I never changed AA filter simulator on my K3. What is the factory default value?
Looks like there are two options Type1 and Type2 and manual does not elaborate on the differences. Are there any preference for one over the other?
I think Off by default, Type1 is weak filter, Type2 is strong filter.

01-15-2016, 12:36 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
Just push the INFO button. The AA status is shown in the bottom right corner. It gives you a choice of Type 1 (weak), Type 2 (strong), or bracketing (Off-1-2). The Bracketing option is not mentioned in the manual, as it was introduced later by a firmware update.

Ricoh say:

“TYPE 1” to attain the optimum balance between image resolution and moiré; “TYPE 2” to prioritize moiré compensation.