Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you use a camera strap?
Included neck strap 3730.33%
Nothing 64.92%
Sling strap 5746.72%
Wrist strap 2218.03%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I use a handmade custom leather strap, its really nice, strong and with the past of time the leather start getting softer ( at the beging its kind of hard to bend )

01-06-2016, 05:19 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
I can't stand a strap around my neck so I use an Op/tech dual harness
I have a slipped C5 disc, and I found it got aggravated when using a neck strap with my cameras... Thankfully, the sling I now use has alleviated the problem...
01-06-2016, 05:32 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Op/Tech sling strap. With a set of different colored pads, one camo one black, one blue. Just because
01-06-2016, 06:27 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Peak Design - wrist strap

01-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #20

This is a weird one for me. I prefer no straps when I'm shooting for business purposes. I only use the straps that come with the camera when I'm shooting casually.

But overall, I prefer no straps. If I do use straps, I use only the Pentax provided ones like a real pro
01-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Black Rapid + Arca Solution | Enthusiast Photographer

But looking seriously into having something classier looking made by a leatherworker now that I'm working in maryland and they're apparently abundant.
01-06-2016, 07:47 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use a Peak sling/slide strap. As soon as I put it on it felt right. Also like the way it attaches to the camera - no screw in.
01-06-2016, 08:43 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Was using (and loving) the comfort of a Black Rapid sling that screwed into the tripod hole, but now I use a tripod a lot more it has become inconvenient, so I just use the Pentax neck strap and leave the base plate on the camera so I can quickly click it onto the tripod.

If I know I won't be using the tripod for a few days I'll remove the Pentax strap and use the Black Rapid as it really is much more comfortable to walk around with for extended periods.

01-06-2016, 09:17 PM   #24

I use a rapid sling strap, so comfortable. Have used them for a while. The strap that came with the K50 sucked, thin and wouldn't sit on my shoulder nicely, only had it on while my sling strap came in the mail.
01-06-2016, 09:18 PM   #25
Pentaxian

I use the Cotton Carrier system. The vest is awesome for hiking and I also have the Hand Strap attached. My original neck strap is still on the camera, mostly as a safety backup. With the Cotton Carrier vest, the camera is firmly attached but I leave the neck strap just draped in case I get clumsy and drop the camera. Why? I have a condition called spinal stenosis. It is a closing of the channel in your spine and pinches nerves and can even pinch on your spinal cord. I get numb sometimes and drop stuff. With the vest and hand strap, I can carry and shoot without worrying and if I do fumble my camera in the process of moving it from the vest to the hand strap, the neck strap is a back up. The Cotton Carrier does have it's own tether strap but I find just leaving the neck strap on easier to deal with. BTW, I didn't vote because what I use isn't listed.
01-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I use a wrist strap a lot but if I'm shooting an event I use a Black Rapid, either Yeti or Sport depending on if I'm running two cameras or not.
01-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #27
Site Supporter

Op/tech or Black rapid for sling strap (sometimes the bite/grip of the optec is too much) and im want a wrist strap, so im gonna buy a Ulysses strap
01-06-2016, 10:34 PM   #28
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have used the strap the came on my PZ-1p until recently. It is wider and more comfortable than the straps that came with the K10d or K-3. However for a while I also used a Pentax wrist strap along with the neck strap. However I tired of having too much attached to the camera and if I needed both hands free, I needed the neck strap, so the wrist strap was removed.

I was given an Optech Super Classic Strap with Pro Loop attachments for Christmas. It is even wider than the PZ-1p strap, padded, somewhat stretchy, and has more grip for when you just sling the camera over your shoulder. I am anxious to give it a workout.
01-06-2016, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

A pentax neck strap rebirthed into a wrist strap.....

Wrist Strap.jpg
by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

Last edited by noelpolar; 01-07-2016 at 01:01 AM.
01-06-2016, 11:09 PM   #30

Generally I use the sling when I'm out walking somewhere in public. If I'm at home or somewhere I can set my camera down without worrying about it, I don't use any straps or slings.

I use a 'cheap' sling from Amazon that clips to a plate you screw into the tripod mount. Even though it doesn't cost as much as a Black Rapid it's pretty sturdy and works great. (Link) As far as I can see, the weakest point would be if the metal swivel on the carabiner wears, but that would be after very long term use and I see someone found a quick fix (though it takes away the swivel aspect). I've used mine for about two years and it's still good, so I'll just replace it for <$10 if I notice it getting loose. One advantage over the Black Rapid (aside from price) is that the screw that holds the mount plate to the camera's tripod mount has a female thread on the other side, so you can mount a tripod plate to the sling to use both at the same time. I've only done that once, but it's nice to have the option.