Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2016, 08:35 PM   #1

Blog post

He mentions Pentax at the end. The gist, no one is making bad cameras anymore.

No One is Making a Bad Camera, You're Just a Bad Photographer

---------- Post added 01-10-16 at 09:38 PM ----------

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place, maybe I should have put it in general photography.

01-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

From the article,

"And with this, there is absolutely no need for brand wars. We get it Pentax fans, you have a great camera. You don’t need to rub it in the faces of Canon, Nikon and Fujifilm users."

Two things I take out of this... For one, it seems he regards Pentax cameras as great tech. Secondly, he seems to think that Pentax users have a snobbish superiority complex.

In my experience it seems more like a defensive inferiority complex where Pentax users defend themselves in response to some CaNikon users who look down on us for not validating their popular brand choices.

Last edited by TheOneAndOnlyJH; 01-11-2016 at 03:15 PM.
01-11-2016, 04:16 AM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
that blog does have some interesting articles, interviews, and reviews on it - but sometimes comes across as self-important, etc....
01-11-2016, 05:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I don't remember Pentax users rubbing their gear in anyone's faces, if anything I've had morons with canon rebels tell me that I should get a real camera when they look at my k-01 lol.
Part of it I'm sure is just Pentax users longing for a bit of a bigger user base, it's hard when you're the only one in an area that uses it.

01-11-2016, 07:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I don't remember Pentax users rubbing their gear in anyone's faces
Well, it is not common knowledge, but Otis spends a lot of time in other Forums...Nikon-Canon-Fuji-Sony etc harassing the posters there about their "inferior" cameras and urging them to get rid of their high priced junk and get real Pentax cameras.

I have asked him to stop, but you know Otis, he does what he wants when he wants. Apparently it is working and now Canon and Nikon shooters are putting tape over their nameplates before they attempt to shoot a handsome squirrel! A guy down the street tried to shoot one of my handsome squirrels last week with his Canon Rebel and he was bit twice before he could even lock focus!

Regards!
01-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian

One of the reasons I stopped going to camera club meetings...is that I got tired of answering others, as to why I used Pentax equipment. However that was minor, as I sort of relished explaining why I used Pentax.

The other reason is that for the most part, I'm not a club guy. I'd rather do my own thing. I don't have anything against clubs...they're great, just not for me.
01-11-2016, 12:54 PM   #7

We let our pix do the talking. Nuff said.

01-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #8
osv
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jhacker Quote
He mentions Pentax at the end. The gist, no one is making bad cameras anymore.
that's true, but it's also true that some companies make better cameras than other companies.

the definition of "better" is where the arguing starts
01-11-2016, 03:17 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
that's true, but it's also true that some companies make better cameras than other companies.

the definition of "better" is where the arguing starts

Amen to that!
01-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I'm not a club guy. I'd rather do my own thing. I don't have anything against clubs...they're great, just not for me.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member" - Groucho Marx
01-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member" - Groucho Marx
...and that's not the only thing that Groucho and I have in common...