Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2016, 09:57 AM   #46

QuoteOriginally posted by john.margetts Quote
If you want ooc jpgs, why shoot in RAW? The whole point of RAW is that it is not the same.
I realize that. The OP was puzzled as to why his Auto RAW+ files looked different from his Auto JPEG files when developed in Lightroom. My point is that lightroom does not develop using Pentax K5iis presets, maybe someone has designed presets for Lightroom that get close but only Pentax knows what presets are present in AUTO mode. As it has been stated many times RAW gives you options that a JPEG just doesn't give so developing in PDCU5 you can develop the RAW to what ever look you want, even to the SOOC look if desired, and still keep the original RAW file for future development. If the OP likes those presets then why not use them and preserve the RAW files. Additionally PDC5 is a free program that you don't have to pay out the nose for.

Larry

03-26-2016, 11:27 AM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Oooooh! A VERY simple solution just occurred to me - and it worked!

I just tried setting my camera on green mode, and then tried adjusting the jpg processing (as above). The screen tells me "This function is not available in the current mode"!

So there you have it, djam! I am pretty sure your processing settings outside of green mode are different.

Just a blind attempt at a fix, it might work: Try leaving green mode, then follow the three steps in my post above, and set your processing setting to "vibrant". Do you like the JPGs in RAW+ better now?

From the K5 manual, assume k5ii is the same:

Using the [](Green)Mode

Lets you capture images withfully automatic settings.

In B mode, pictures are taken with the following settings.

Program Line j (AUTO)

File Format JPEG

Sensitivity AUTO

Metering Method L (Multi-segment Metering)

AF Point S (Auto)

AUTO AF Point Setting 11AF Points

White Balance F (Auto)

Custom Image Bright

High-ISO NR Auto

Slow Shutter Speed NR Auto

Shake Reduction k (On)

When shooting Raw+Jpeg in any mode other than "Green auto" the Custom image setting is user selectable, and if not on "Bright" will produce different looking JPEGs

Disclaimer:- I shoot RAW+ with JPEG setting on "Natural" I sometime use the JPEG from camera, I sometimes process the RAW with any of a number of different programmes, excepting Photoshop, which I do not have.

Color Space sRGB
03-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
To get your Auto RAW+ files to match your Auto JPEG files you need to convert the Auto RAW+ files in Pentax Digital Camera Utility 5.4.2 as the program will read the camera presets in the Auto RAW+ file and convert it with same presets that your Auto JPEG files display. This should eliminate your disparity between the RAW and JPEG displays. I'm not sure if any other RAW developer has this ability.

Larry

---------- Post added 03-26-16 at 11:23 AM ----------

And your point is?
That some folks just cannot see/taste/feel differences. That is all.