Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Below is a photo I took of a seagull off the shore of a lake with my K-3II. Please note that it is a crop and the file has been resized to be smaller for upload.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by C_Jones; 01-16-2016 at 12:44 PM.
01-16-2016, 12:13 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sure hope I get a good copy of this K3. Been reading a lot about mirror flop issues, and other issues. Is Adorama good about sending unopened boxes? My first K7 from B/H was definitely used, and returned!

---------- Post added 01-16-16 at 07:17 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Below is a photo I took of a seagull off the shore of a lake with my K-3II. Please note that it is a crop.
Very nice indeed!
01-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Sure hope I get a good copy of this K3. Been reading a lot about mirror flop issues, and other issues. Is Adorama good about sending unopened boxes? My first K7 from B/H was definitely used, and returned!
Tony - I can't speak for Adorama or B&H, though both seem to be well respected. That said, you couldn't do better than buying your K3 from one of these better retailers. They will all be late serial number examples, hence they'll be good examples. It doesn't mean you won't be unlucky and get a faulty one, but that could happen from any supplier and with any make / model of camera. At least you'll be able to get a trouble-free replacement if something *is* wrong with your new camera. But, honestly, I wouldn't worry. There's every reason to believe it will be perfect. Don't fret over it, just enjoy the anticipation of it arriving!

EDIT: I've shot my K3 for a couple of years now (maybe closer to three - I can't remember exactly when I bought it) and had only one mirror flop problem that I can recall. It has never happened since. I recommend that you update the firmware as soon as you start using yours.

EDIT #2: I forgot, it's the K3II you bought. I have only heard of one mirror flop issue with the K3II. I think it is *extremely* unlikely you'll have that problem.

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-16-2016 at 12:29 PM.
01-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #19
Pentaxian

If you want to do a count of shutter actuations, you can take a picture after you get the camera and upload it to the following site to get a count. Check shutter count online - My Shutter Count.com

The following is what you should expect to be in the box.

Li-Ion Battery D-LI90
PENTAX STRAP O-ST132
Eyecup FS
Finder Cap ME
Battery Charger Kit K-BC90U
Hotshoe Cover FK
Body Mount Cover
Focusing Screen MF-60 Frame Matte
Software CD-ROM S-SW160

01-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #20
Site Supporter

I'm not aware of any mirror flop issues with the K3II, only with the K-3, and only with the ones fairly early in the production run.

My K-3 is an early one and has behaved well, fwiw.

Anyway, it's a great camera - I'm sure you will enjoy it
01-16-2016, 01:41 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Tony,

After you get your camera and it seems to check out alright, if you want to get the 2 year extended warranty for it, you can get it at for example the following Pentax 2 Year Extended Warranty for all current DSLR, Compact and Q Cameras. (Total Warranty 3 years - 1 Year Standard + 2 Years Additional) 85716

I usually buy my extended warranty at the same time or within a few days of purchasing my camera. Buying it within a 30 day period of your camera purchase is I suppose the basic guideline for it to be classified as effective.
No at present you can't, if you look it says "on backorder" at Adorama and "discontinued" at B & H . The only extended warranty either is offering is from an after market company. I've been waiting for close to a month after my purchase.
01-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
No at present you can't, if you look it says "on backorder" at Adorama and "discontinued" at B & H . The only extended warranty either is offering is from an after market company. I've been waiting for close to a month after my purchase.
So will it still be good?
01-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #23
Pentaxian

So will it still be good?
I don't know. I havent been able to find out. I'm tempted to buy the other.

01-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't know. I havent been able to find out. I'm tempted to buy the other.
Won't they tell you where you bought it?
01-16-2016, 06:44 PM   #25
Pentaxian

On Amazon the warranty is in stock at this web address. http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Additional-Warranty-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00EJF54...ended+warrsnty

---------- Post added 01-16-16 at 08:37 PM ----------

The last thing in the world I would buy and rely on is a supposed mfg. extended warranty from some unknown unauthorized seller, especially when it isn't currently available from any of the authorized dealers as well as the mfg. Website.
01-16-2016, 07:31 PM   #26
Pentaxian

The warranty is offered here. Tri-State Camera is listed as an authorized Pentax dealer as of the 10/29/2014 pdf file listing.

PENTAX | 2-Year Extended Warranty For All Current Digital Cameras (3 Years Total) *FREE SHIPPING* | 85716 | Tri-State Camera, Video, and Computer

Last edited by C_Jones; 01-16-2016 at 08:02 PM.
01-17-2016, 01:50 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Isn't it kinda odd that the two largest retailers aren't offering it?
01-17-2016, 04:27 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Thanks C_Jones... I ordered it I've bought from them b4. Should have thought about them sooner their current price for the k3 ll body only is listed at $709.00.
01-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #29
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Is Adorama good.
Adorama is excellent! Also, a representative from Adorama is a member here, & goes the extra mile in helping us out if we need assistance. B&H has a thread also having a rep there to answer questions & to assist.

Can't go wrong with either!
01-17-2016, 10:15 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Isn't it kinda odd that the two largest retailers aren't offering it?
In this case, along with B and H and Adorama, Tri-State Camera is also a Pentax authorized dealer, but actually has the item sought as being in stock.

---------- Post added 01-17-16 at 12:18 PM ----------

Thanks C_Jones... I ordered it I've bought from them b4. Should have thought about them sooner their current price for the k3 ll body only is listed at $709.00.
You're welcome. I have bought from them before also.