Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2016, 03:36 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
So my question to those that own and use non-black bodied DSLRs:
a) What color is your DSLR?
I've got a navy blue K-x, blue K-30, black/yellow K-01, silver K-3, and a purple/pink Q7 for fun.

QuoteQuote:
b) Why did you pick that color?
Blue is my favorite color. I thought the silver K-3 looked pretty nice. I wanted my less threatening camera to be even less threatening and more fun.

QuoteQuote:
c) Are you happy with it in the long run or do you have regrets and why?
I'm very happy that I chose the navy blue K-x when I was deciding on my first DSLR because it introduced me to Pentax. I would've gone with a Canon Rebel if the navy blue color didn't sway me over. (I was using a Canon bridge camera at the time.)

QuoteQuote:
d) Any interesting anecdotes regarding the color of your camera and others?
A lot of people love the color and design of my K-30. Most of the time when people see it, they have to comment on how nice it looks. (I really wish Ricoh stuck with the body design.) As for the purple/pink Q7, several females that I've introduced it to have a very strong desire to take it away from me.

01-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Current camera is K3 Prestige in gunmetal. Coveted it as soon as I saw it previewed online. Have had black for previous bodies but wanted something different but minus the blingy silver. Now have a few silver lenses which go well with the gunmetal. Silver is more a matt grey look when on the gunmetal grey. A colleague that uses Canon 6D comments on my funky old school camera, which I agree with.
01-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K20D is Black because it seemed to be the only option on the used market.
I don't care that much about the color of the camera, but I would not buy pink
Basically I am tight so will buy what is the cheapest color option (except pink).
My truck is white, my Wife's car is black. I have never owned a pink car and never will.
Come to think of it I don't own anything that is pink.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against pink. A pretty girl in pink - yessiree. A nice pink flower will get lots of shutter counts. But just not on me...
01-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I had the following
Red K-X (sold)
Red K-r (sold)
Black K-30 (sold)
White K-30 (For my wife)
Black K-5ii's
-and now on the fence to get a black Fuji camera.

(Heck 2 out of 3 of my DA Limited primes are in silver!)

01-24-2016, 09:22 PM   #20
Site Supporter

I like my black K-5s, and will buy only in black if available, but my wife is happy with her white K-50 (white K-r before that).

Four-wheeled-boxes in white, only, since 1989.
01-24-2016, 10:45 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Black all the way
01-25-2016, 09:56 AM   #22

Black K50. However, that's what they were selling at a nice low price. Originally I wanted a blue K30. Secretly, I'd have loved a white K50 and a Darth Vader mask but SWMBO would not have been impressed, or the dull green for wildlife photography. Nearly bought one of the two-tone KS-1s (blue and white or rose and white) which were also going cheap but as they aren't WR got the K50 (black) instead. I enjoyed playing with the K50/Q colours on the Pentax site when they first appeared - specced some really nice (and horrific) combinations. I thought the purple/pink Q7 mentioned by Mamba909 was one of the nicest - sometimes the colours clash but not in that combination - but I don't think I'd have the guts to buy one.
Ah well, its probably all for the best. At least nobody notices someone wandering round with yet another black camera.
01-25-2016, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

After getting hassled by a security guard for my "pro" camera (a black K100D with a kit lens), I decided to use non-black cameras whenever possible. I would argue that they do the opposite of attract attention - anyone who sees them thinks "not a real camera" and ignores them.

I have owned: blue K-x, K-30, and K-S1, brown K-r ("metal chocolate" - gotta love the name), a Stormtrooper K-m, various K-01s, and a black K-5 for "serious" work.

01-25-2016, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Best to have all the cameras the same colour...... so wife doens't know if there is more than one.

Same with other camera stuff as well......Anna only found out the other day I have 2 tripods....bugga....left both next to each other....duh!
01-25-2016, 06:13 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

My wife has radar. I have two black K01's (there's a story) and the first time I went out with #2 she proclaimed, "You got another new camera, didn't you?"
01-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My wife has radar. I have two black K01's (there's a story) and the first time I went out with #2 she proclaimed, "You got another new camera, didn't you?"
Ahhh.... the old direct question.....bummer!

At least.... you know you're not alone.....
01-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #27
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
You're a good husband for admitting your guilt. But since you mentioned it (a story) please share! I own two Nikon F3HP for redundancy as a pro....but now that I'm no longer a pro, I have no excuse other than I love my twins. Why two K01's?
01-25-2016, 07:19 PM - 1 Like   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

Why two K01's? Why 4 Kx's or 2 K-2's or 3 MX's? (Black, Silver, different focusing screens).

My wife decided to redecorate our bedroom, which necessitated removing all my camera gear from its storage shelves. Somehow a box containing a Yashica Electro, my ER cases and ALL my chargers and batteries was mislaid. It's still mislaid.

Since my K-01 and K-3 use the same charger and batteries, and my Q and Q7 use the same charger and batteries I figured replacing them could have been harder than it actually would be. I dug out a NIB Q/02 kit I had bought to give as a gift, so that solved the Q charger problem. OK, 2 Q's - but they're fun!

Then I noticed an unused K-01 / DA40SX kit NIB plus extra battery For Sale in the Marketplace. I had a DA 40 Limited, but not an SX.

So I bought a DA40SX, a charger and battery, and an extra battery for what they would cost new at B&H and got an extra K-01 for free.

At least that's the way I explained it to my wife.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-25-2016 at 07:30 PM.
01-25-2016, 07:29 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Best to have all the cameras the same colour...... so wife doens't know if there is more than one.
My wife thinks all my lenses look the same!
01-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
At least that's the way I explained it to my wife.