Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
Veteran Member

I know this is vain but....

Have you seen the silver K200D? I did today in a store in Manchester. And what a looker! The silver is quite dark, almost titanum in appearance.
Now if Pentax produce a K20D in the same colour, I will get one sooner rather than later.....

07-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I prefer the black editions of all SLRs. The silver ones look cheap and tinny to me.
07-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi offertonhatter

QuoteQuote:
Have you seen the silver K200D? I did today in a store in Manchester. And what a looker! The silver is quite dark, almost titanum in appearance.
Now if Pentax produce a K20D in the same colour, I will get one sooner rather than later.....
What you REALLY need is one in a lovely shade of Stamford Bridge blue .....LOL ! Have you found any photo 'links' to it, so that the rest of us forum members can have a quick peek to see what it looks like ?

Best regards
Richard
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Yes a colour other than black or silver would be cool - British racing green? Maybe with a "GT" stripe down it?

07-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Yes a colour other than black or silver would be cool - British racing green? Maybe with a "GT" stripe down it?
Yes! I have a mini that sounds a lot like the camera you propose...
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I hope that's a real mini you're talking about, not the BMW!
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Hi all

Yeah, a silver K200D with 5fps and "go-faster" stripes...that'll go down a storm. Com'on Pentax, what about it....LOL ! (make mental note to marketing department...methinks we may be missing a trick here ??). Promote that individual to MD immediately....

Best regards
Richard

07-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #8
Inactive Account

SanDisk launched the DUCATI version of its memory cards, maybe Pentax can release the FERRARI edition of its SLR's.
07-02-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Oh no, that would NEVER do ! Everyone knows that Ferr**i's are invariably owned & driven by total & utter plonkers, so that would inevitably end up damaging what little credibility Pe**ax still has. Lord preserve us.....

Best regards
Richard
07-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

yep. silver electronic goods (tv/stereo/camera) are yuk...
07-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
axl
Veteran Member

I'd like to see the black/silver colour scheme, of *ist DL, coming back. I loved that one...
07-03-2008, 05:20 AM   #12

How about a white finished K20D body, and some matching white finished DA* lenses? We all know white finished photo kit is sharper and more professional than the other colors.
07-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When I was buying DS I was after the silver one but couldn't get it. I think silver top and bottom gives it retro look and separates you from the rest of DSLR crowd. Does anyone remember the special edition of K10D with old style pentaprism shaped silver top? I know some people were eager to get it, unfortunately it wasn't for sale.
When I come to think about K200D with silver plating I wonder how it would look with a grip on?
07-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks cheap? Nah. Just too cool.

07-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #15
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by brothereye Quote
How about a white finished K20D body, and some matching white finished DA* lenses? We all know white finished photo kit is sharper and more professional than the other colors.
Yes,it would look cool but I would be cleaning the body after every use, fingerprints would be more noticeable, I owned a car with white interior and it was a nightmare to keep it looking new and white, I think a white Pentax would also make it look like a toy.

Barry