Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For me, it's either out on my neck or in the bag zipped up. No way am I going to risk less than 1 percent on probability to drop the camera. When I change lenses, I always find a proper table to do so.

02-03-2016, 07:00 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Neck strap? No. Sling, yes.
I am known to get the "dropsies" now and then, and this is an expensive thing to drop...
02-03-2016, 07:33 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yes for twining round my wrist for security when in crowds and hanging round my neck whenever I'm leaning over or out of anywhere where dropping the camera would not facilitate future usage - a bit of a nuisance when on the tripod but that's only half the time and I can live with it.
02-03-2016, 11:52 AM   #79
Pentaxian

Yes, but I've also got wrist straps attached to each body, and one of those wide pads that you slide over the strap so that the strap does not cut your neck in half when carrying something like the K-3 and 100-300 Sigma - those came from the shoulder straps of cheap notebook carrying cases and the holdalls like you get for carrying books and so on.

02-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For my primary camera, I moved to a peak designs hand clamp, er, strap. That, plus a camera bag is great for me. Less used cameras get a strap.
03-31-2016, 07:38 AM   #81
Veteran Member

EDIT:
I just looked at the PD Slide Sling Strap. I think that's the one for my K-3ii + DA*300.
Rated at 200lbs,
I love the idea of the anchors just hooking up to multiple locations. Versatility looks great!
Now I gotta pick the color... Red, Navy, or Black!?

Thanks again to the PF community for great advice and product reviews!

Last edited by UserAccessDenied; 03-31-2016 at 07:57 AM.
04-03-2016, 07:15 AM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prefer wrist strap to neck strap.

I use a Joby wrist strap made of woven material. This lets me carry the camera comfortably without concern I'll drop or lose it. I'm not for dangling a camera around my neck. Aside from the weight, it's difficult to be discreet on a walk with the sight of a lens projecting from my chest. When it's not on the job, the camera gets zipped into a small shoulder bag.

04-03-2016, 07:26 AM   #83
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Neck Strap. Do you use yours?
Yes I do... but it's the original thin black LX strap and its wrapped around my right hand.
04-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #84

Yes I do use a neck strap, but I purchase a wide type(1 1/2+) which makes it a little more comfortable around my neck. I like a nice colorful pattern. I also use a camera bag.
04-05-2016, 10:18 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For what it's worth, I have now spent a month or so with the Peak Design Sling, and I'm not feeling it. I'm back on the Black Rapid.
04-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, although I prefer it over my shoulder rather than my neck. If I have on a pack I use the Tamrac quick release straps attached to the pack shoulder straps to distribute the camera weight onto the rest of the pack weight. Works well. It's secure and not pulling at your neck. When I'm holding the camera free I usually put a wrap or two of the neck strap around my wrist.
04-06-2016, 03:42 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
For what it's worth, I have now spent a month or so with the Peak Design Sling, and I'm not feeling it. I'm back on the Black Rapid.
Curious.
What don't you like about it?

Also, I sent you a PM.
Thanks!
04-06-2016, 05:02 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Each to their own. I tried Black Rapid and went back to the PD Slide. Found it more comfortable and versatile, particularly in conjunction with the capture clip.
04-06-2016, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #89
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
Curious.
What don't you like about it?
In no particular order:

I couldn't get it to sit as still and comfortably as I can with my Black Rapid.
It doesn't slide up for use as smoothly as the Black Rapid.
Having the Arco plate on the camera by default adds bulk I don't want.
Two clicky attachment points makes it slower to put on and off than a single screw +/- carabiner
My Black Rapid works as a single sling or a double harness.
The sticky side of the sling isn't very sticky, and the slippery side isn't very slippery.
04-06-2016, 06:34 AM   #90

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Yes. I use one of these guys with my camera Amazon.com: Neewer Adjustable Padded Neoprene Camera Neck Strap 2 Packs: Camera & Photo

They are wider, more padded, and slightly stretchy over the OEM strap. Makes it more comfortable on the neck. I also have a sling bag that I generally keep the camera in if I'm on longer walks. It can spin around from back to front which makes it quick and handy. But the neck strap is always attached to the camera.

I further have a knock off Cotton Carrier-like vest but, again, the neckstrap is always attached just for extra protection. 8 dollar neck strap vs many hundreds of dollars in repairs or replacement gear buying. I'm going with the extra strap.
That strap looks like a great option!

I've tried the wrist straps but seem to fumble more putting them on and off,.....I'm going back to neck straps on all of my cameras.

Jack