Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2016, 06:34 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
In no particular order:

I couldn't get it to sit as still and comfortably as I can with my Black Rapid.
It doesn't slide up for use as smoothly as the Black Rapid.
Having the Arco plate on the camera by default adds bulk I don't want.
Two clicky attachment points makes it slower to put on and off than a single screw +/- carabiner
My Black Rapid works as a single sling or a double harness.
The sticky side of the sling isn't very sticky, and the slippery side isn't very slippery.
Thanks for the detailed response!

I have a black rapid wrist strap with the screw in clip thing, it has served me very well over the last year and it still functioning 100%.
Though the screw mount for the carabiner has come loose on occasion which scares me!
I actually bought a Luma membrane connector which was the best $20 I've spent on my photography gear.
It looks so simple but it's an amazing product. I've dropped my old K-30 with bigma attached and the membrane caught it no problem.
Here's a link if you wanna check it out:
Membrane Connection from Luma Labs | Luma Labs

It's nice if you use a tripod plate, you can avoid all that extra bulk and have the BR strap connected off to the side as well.
Works great with the wrist strap if anyone uses it!

04-06-2016, 06:39 AM   #92
Veteran Member

What I like about the Peak Design Slide is the two anchor points make it so the camera doesn't bounce around quite as much as you walk. It will pretty much stay in place, especially if you have a longer/heavier lens mounted. I really like mine on my K-3 and am planning to get another one (probably blue) for my K-1.
04-06-2016, 06:40 AM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, I use the supplied strap, configured long enough that I can put the camera around my neck and left shoulder when walking. Nice and secure, easy to whip up to eye level when necessary, and leaves both hands free. And I can wind it around my wrist if I need to.
04-06-2016, 06:22 PM   #94
Veteran Member

No neck strap for me, I have a BR Cross Shot. I'm considering sewing a Pentax on it, since I betrayed the Canikon faction.

04-07-2016, 06:24 AM   #95
Veteran Member

So I just tried making a paracord strap last night. Worked like a charm...
It's rated at 550lbs, doubt my K-3ii and DA*300 are going anywhere with it.

I just have to tie a proper knot to the points of connection.
Using the Luma Membrane and the left shoulder pin (still not sure what you call these?) it works like a charm.

Now I'll likely run some pattern, maybe a King Cobra through the center strand so it's not a single cord around my shoulder. What's nice about that is if I'm in the field and something happens, I can unravel my paracord strap and have about 100 feet of line. Ya know, cuz the eastern shore is so mountainous and I might have to rappel a cliff or something?

Anyways, thought I'd share.
I'll post a pic or two when I finally get time to make the final product.
04-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #96
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
So I just tried making a paracord strap last night. Worked like a charm...
It's rated at 550lbs, doubt my K-3ii and DA*300 are going anywhere with it.

I just have to tie a proper knot to the points of connection.
Using the Luma Membrane and the left shoulder pin (still not sure what you call these?) it works like a charm.

Now I'll likely run some pattern, maybe a King Cobra through the center strand so it's not a single cord around my shoulder. What's nice about that is if I'm in the field and something happens, I can unravel my paracord strap and have about 100 feet of line. Ya know, cuz the eastern shore is so mountainous and I might have to rappel a cliff or something?

Anyways, thought I'd share.
I'll post a pic or two when I finally get time to make the final product.
Please do!
04-07-2016, 08:32 AM   #97
Veteran Member

for years I used a padded guitar strap, but ever since I've purchased a monopod I've gone strapless 98?% of the time.

the only reason my camera would be out of the backpack while moving would be when my long lenses are on the body and I'm searching for critters. so now it's on the monopod.

when shooting landscapes, it goes on a tripod. And yes, I'm the one with a camera on a monopod and a tripod strapped to a backpack at times.

I think NASCAR, Monster Truck and Air Shows have been the only times in the past 3 years I used a neck strap because my monopod wasn't allowed.