Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Honestly, my overall impression is that there are a lot of folks giving Pentax press, hoping that at some point they'll get back in the game. Pentax has a lot of fans, amongst people who no longer shoot Pentax. They are still getting attention based on market presence from decades ago.

But the game they are interested is not the camera game it's the marketing game. They miss those big ticket full page, Pentax advertisements. They want that revenue back.

01-31-2016, 10:21 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Yes, I agree that each manufacture shines in certain area's AF, high ISO, Lens availability, but I think Pentax overall is the clear winner! First, and formost, the K Series body layout, and feel is practically perfect! The in body shake reduction is a huge plus, the high end glass even from the old Takumar days is really good glass! Even small things like pixel re-mapping which many cameras still don't offer, is really nice to have. Love the sensor composition feature, and the SV MODE! I don't know, there seems to be an awfull lot here! I live in Orlando, and most of my family works at WDW, so I'm there a lot, and all the time I have been going over the past 26 years I have yet to see a single Pentax in use, and I look! I think a lot of people would be very surprised at just how good these cameras are built, and the plerhra of features they offer. Which brings me to one more point. Build quality. I really don't thing you will find a better built body in this size DSLR! Nikons , and Canons just feel less solid. Especially the lenses. Perhaps it's the reliability issues. I mean once you get a good copy they last, but many times, you have to get more than one to find one that's perfect! Had that problem with both my K7, and K5. So far my K3-2 seems good! More thoughts?
Well you missed me how is that possible a tiny place like WDW
here is some evidence (I hope) for some reason I have little luck uploading files while others have no problem, can't be me, must be someone else's fault.
Well I'll be damned it worked! The first one is Nemo outside the aquarium, the 2nd one is from the Tree of Life
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by MikeD; 01-31-2016 at 10:25 AM. Reason: needed to add txt.
01-31-2016, 11:45 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
Well you missed me how is that possible a tiny place like WDW
here is some evidence (I hope) for some reason I have little luck uploading files while others have no problem, can't be me, must be someone else's fault.
Well I'll be damned it worked! The first one is Nemo outside the aquarium, the 2nd one is from the Tree of Life
Yes, I know it well. Nice shots! Ok I'll mark you off LOL! Checked out the entire camera for the most part today, and I'm convinced I have a good copy! Ordered the Pentax extended warranty. For $20.00 It's nice peace of mind. Finally use to the new metering system. Cant wait to get out, and take some time exposures. Here are two of my favorites from my Italy trip shot with my K5! Love the dynamic range! Neither were were Raw or shot in HDR. By the way how does one delete photos from this site?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Tony3d; 01-31-2016 at 11:56 AM.