Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #16

Original Poster
Pretty quick turnaround. They got the camera last on the 5th and shipped it out on the 5th and I should get it by the 10th, tomorrow.... *fingers crossed*

02-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #17

Original Poster
Little update for those interested:

I sent the camera in on February 2 and they received it February 5, fixed it and sent it back same day. I received it February 10. Not bad..

They replaced one of the foam seals that had ripped. However, I do notice that the other foam seal has a small crack in it as well as if it is ready to do the same thing as the other side.

Viewfinder and focus screen looks really clean. The sensor is absolutely mint looking now!

One thing I did not like, however, is they decided to reset all my custom functions. Not that big of a deal but I had to re-do all my settings the way I had it. I'm also very particular about my Date and Time settings since I want all of my 3 cameras synced in time correctly when I'm out on a shoot.

I guess I can't complain but next time if I ever send them a camera I'll be sure to either write down all my custom settings or tell them not to touch it!