Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
E.g., if you really want to test, you have a FA 35 lens attached to your K10D, say, the "safe" shutter speed is about 1/50th second. So, at 1/30th sec, the SR should work and make some difference and at 1/15th, it *should* still work. But at 1/8th, I am afraid you will get blur pictures again even you have the SR turned on.

135mm handheld at 1/6 second. Thank you, Pentax Shake Reduction.

07-05-2008, 03:25 AM   #32
Veteran Member

1/10th second, handheld (lean on something), NO SR, lens at 30mm (only) (45mm 135 equivalent). ;-)
07-05-2008, 03:49 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote

1/10th second, handheld (lean on something), NO SR, lens at 30mm (only) (45mm 135 equivalent). ;-)
EXIF shows 20 mm, which makes it 30mm eq. in 35 mm camera world.
07-05-2008, 03:54 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Ouch! I thought I told you kids to play nice!

Steve
Sorry if you see it that way. I just figure that somebody expecting a 1.6 sec free hand exposure to be sharp, even with SR, doesn't know much about photography. I didn't mean to insult anybody with my comment. Just trying to help the original poster to figure out why it doesn't work the way he expected.

07-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #35
Inactive Account

MrApollinax, no a pilot in WWII as far as I know that is it. I have to admit it kind of ticks me off that he can do that and I have problems at 1/100. I guess it doesn't help having a nerve disorder that makes it hard to hold still but it still kind of ticks me off. Some people have all the luck.

Rogert
07-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #36

Original Poster
It works!

Thanks everybody! I did another test at 1/40th, and I noticed a huge difference! You know when you stiffen up the muscles in the back of your neck, you can get your head to shake real good? Well I did that with SR on and SR off, and noticed a big difference (like all the advertisements showed! )

1/40th, f/5.6 (or somewhere near), ISO 500, purposely shaking a lot this time

OFF:

ON:

I was at a slight angle, so the lack of DOF showed a little bit

I like it!
Now, the only problem is this: I was shaking a heck of a lot. I don't normally shake that much. When will this actually help me in the field? Mostly just when I'm using longer lenses?

Thanks everybody, for helping me so much!

P.S. Saying I don't know much about photography is a horrible assumption. I'm relatively new to this camera, and just because I didn't know the extent of the camera's shake reduction doesn't mean I don't know much about photography in general.
07-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #37
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Big I Quote
Thanks everybody! I did another test at 1/40th, and I noticed a huge difference! You know when you stiffen up the muscles in the back of your neck, you can get your head to shake real good? Well I did that with SR on and SR off, and noticed a big difference (like all the advertisements showed! )
Wooo Hooo! Glad you got great results! That is really impressive to say the least.

Steve
07-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Big I Quote
Now, the only problem is this: I was shaking a heck of a lot. I don't normally shake that much. When will this actually help me in the field? Mostly just when I'm using longer lenses?
Correct, as well as in lower light situation.