Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

show off to your canikon friends with SR preview in Live View

i dont know if this is old news or not, but it was definetly news to me.

i always thought that SR was on only during the actual picture taking process, unless Live View works in some weird way..

anway my friend was over yesterday and told me to show him the DOF preview in live view feature (very cool btw)

one thing he quickly commented on was the impact of the SR on the Live View image, and then we experimented with it on and off, you can most definetly SEE with your own eyes the impact of the stabization on your images.

so next time you want to show off, just have them play around with the live preview and the SR knob.

07-03-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Old news gooshin.
when SR is on it will stabilize the sensor. Since live view is taking data from the same sensor, you'll get to see effect of SR in live view....
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Plus, by showing off that you can see SR in live view, that would imply that they can't. Which would mean they're using non-stabilized lenses. So just show off that you have SR period. If they're using stabilized lenses, they have the upper hand because they can see SR through the viewfinder.