Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Suggested settings for the K-x

Recently, I've acquired a very nice K-x, but I'm not too familiar with it. It reminds me a lot of my K2000 from a few years back in most respects. In many of the cameras that are reviewed, there are the "Suggested settings," but I can't seem to find them for the K-x. Does anyone know where I might find them?

As far as the "Shadow Correction," what's the general thought as to using it.... and where it should be set at? Off, low, medium or high? Same for the Lat-Chromatic-Ab Adj. Off or on?

Thanks for the help. I've got a K-50 that's my main camera, but for some reason, I've really taken a liking to this little white "Storm Trooper."

02-08-2016, 01:17 PM   #2

I would set the K-x to be as similar as possible to the K-50. If you have good lens-correction in post, I'd turn it off, but if you turn out jpeg's, I'd leave it on.

I ALWAYS turn off ALL THE FEEPING.
02-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I keep the Shadow Correction off, but leave the Highlight Correction on to avoid possible glare blow out. If I want a little exposure compensation I use my EV, - or + depending on the situation.