Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,258
Selling my K7 ... what do you think it is a good price?

I have not yet posted this item in the Markeplace because I wanted some feedback before doing it.
So, I am waiting for my K3 to arrive and I have decided to finally sell my K7 with only 13,200 shutter actuations.
It has a scratched rear LCD BUT I am including an OEM (Pentax) replacement "window" and "protector" -- brand new and never opened.
What do you think a good price range would be?
I browsed the Marketplace and found a few that sold for around $200 USD, give or take a few $$.

Thanks,
JP

02-09-2016, 12:37 PM   #2
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
I'll buy it from you for $20

Yeah $200 sounds about right.

Good luck with your sale.
02-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,614
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I have not yet posted this item in the Markeplace because I wanted some feedback before doing it.
So, I am waiting for my K3 to arrive and I have decided to finally sell my K7 with only 13,200 shutter actuations.
It has a scratched rear LCD BUT I am including an OEM (Pentax) replacement "window" and "protector" -- brand new and never opened.
What do you think a good price range would be?
I browsed the Marketplace and found a few that sold for around $200 USD, give or take a few $$.

Thanks,
JP

What's actually your motivation? I have K-7 and K-3 and like them both. I'm pretty glad that I have 2 cameras and don't have to change lenses so frequently when being out in the field.
02-09-2016, 12:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 5,002
There's one on Adorama right now for $189. Recent ebay sales seem to be right around $200 (for the body plus original accessories -- battery, charger, etc).

02-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
Ron_Man's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 221
Well if you absolutely need to sell it then you should.

Despite having a K-3 and K-5 as well I keep my K-7 because I don't want to "throw it away" for cheap and I find usage for it. It also has a Samsung sensor, which to me, is different than my other 2 cameras. Just my opinion anyway but I wouldn't get rid of my camera for that much knowing I paid full retail for it in what seems like just the other day (my first flasgship Pentax).

Or maybe I'm just overly sentimental
02-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #6
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,614
An other reason why to keep K-7 might be the fact that - as far as I know - you can't switch DA* lenses (like 16-50 or 50-135) from SDM to screw drive using K-3, but with K-7 it should be possible...
02-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #7
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,258
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
What's actually your motivation? I have K-7 and K-3 and like them both. I'm pretty glad that I have 2 cameras and don't have to change lenses so frequently when being out in the field.
Motivation ??

Look at my signature: there is also a K5 in there, so I am selling the K7 and keeping the K5.
As my post was mentioning: getting a K3 this week.

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I'll buy it from you for $20

Yeah $200 sounds about right.

Good luck with your sale.
Good try, Bert !

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
There's one on Adorama right now for $189. Recent ebay sales seem to be right around $200 (for the body plus original accessories -- battery, charger, etc).
Seems like a fair ballpark figure.
Thanks!

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Ron_Man Quote
Well if you absolutely need to sell it then you should.

Despite having a K-3 and K-5 as well I keep my K-7 because I don't want to "throw it away" for cheap and I find usage for it. It also has a Samsung sensor, which to me, is different than my other 2 cameras. Just my opinion anyway but I wouldn't get rid of my camera for that much knowing I paid full retail for it in what seems like just the other day (my first flasgship Pentax).

Or maybe I'm just overly sentimental
Ron, now you're making me "rethink", which is not a good thing !

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 03:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
An other reason why to keep K-7 might be the fact that - as far as I know - you can't switch DA* lenses (like 16-50 or 50-135) from SDM to screw drive using K-3, but with K-7 it should be possible...
Is it not possible with the K5 though?
I did make a SDM screw drive conversion with my DA*16-50 with the K7 a while back.
02-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #8
Senior Member
Ron_Man's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: MD
Posts: 221
QuoteQuote:

Ron, now you're making me "rethink", which is not a good thing !
Lol by all means do what is best for you and your situation! The K-7 was a fine camera for me when I first bought it and it still is minus the poor high ISO performance.

I just have the peace of mind knowing I have a third body for that just in case scenario.

02-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #9
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,258
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ron_Man Quote
Lol by all means do what is best for you and your situation! The K-7 was a fine camera for me when I first bought it and it still is minus the poor high ISO performance.

I just have the peace of mind knowing I have a third body for that just in case scenario.
Now that I have just received a parcel from Camera Canada with what seems to be a K3 inside ... I'll have to rethink about my "old" K7 !
As you said, could be useful at times, we never know.
Cheers!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, drive, dslr, k-3, k-7, k5, k7, motivation, photography, pm, post, screw, sdm
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do you think this is a girl's car? rayallen Post Your Photos! 72 08-17-2014 03:56 AM
Sooooooo..Ricoh said that Pentax is just a brand not a company...What do you think ? DuyNguyen Pentax DSLR Discussion 76 04-21-2014 04:48 AM
K5 for $1199...do you think this site is legit? I'm thinking of buying it. crossover37 Pentax K-5 40 05-18-2011 07:18 AM
My photo gallery is finished, what do you think? skawi Post Your Photos! 4 02-16-2009 09:44 PM
Thinking about this lens....The price is right....what do you folks think? JRock Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 08-15-2008 12:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top