Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 11:29 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
This is where it's important to remember what Jesus said about being a slave to two masters.
I think you're talking about speedlights now?

02-11-2016, 11:38 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think you're talking about speedlights now?
No, speedlights are all about being master to two slaves.
02-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Anyway, seems like Jesus knew something about photography
02-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Anyway, seems like Jesus knew something about photography
If you share my theological viewpoint (the religious Holy Trinity as opposed to the photographic kind), you will appreciate that Jesus knows everything about everything. Unfortunately, no more than Kenspo will He tell you the K-1's specs (or even its confirmed real name) ahead of time, nor will He give you one early as a reward for the duration you spend on your knees.

02-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Unfortunately, no more than Kenspo will He tell you the K-1's specs (or even its confirmed real name) ahead of time, nor will He give you one early as a reward for the duration you spend on your knees.
I have no doubt however that Jesus told Ricoh go for FF.
02-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I have no doubt however that Jesus told Ricoh go for FF
Jesus probably told Ricoh that any DSLR manufacturer which did not go for FF at some stage would not be looking forward to existing for much longer. Olympus, Panasonic and Fuji can get away with it because mirrorless, micro 4/3 and the conjunction of the two serve different sets of needs for a generally different (though sometimes overlapping) clientele, while Sony (ex-Minolta) is both already in the FF market and probably better known for its mirrorless cameras than its DSLRs now anyway (Cf. "The last vestiges of the old Republic have been swept away").

The K-1 is both the fulfilment of a long-held Pentax ambition and also a way to stop users who really feel they need a full frame DSLR from ditching their Pentax systems for Canikon. Granted, the only way I'm getting one before my K-5 dies is if it meets my professional needs SUBSTANTIALLY better than the K-5 does, especially given the cost. The saving grace for when/if my APS-C camera kicks the bucket is that I have sufficient FA and D-FA glass that I can buy the body only and be quite happy for what I need it to do.