Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

First time out with the K-30.

Yesterday was my first time out with the new-to-me K-30. I've got to say, I like the feel of it better than the K-50. It just feels better in my hands. Nothing I can put my finger on (no pun intended!). Maybe it's the feel of the grip surface? Other than that, it's pretty much an identical twin to the K-50 in it's operation. That's a GOOD thing, as I LOVE my K-50. I'm a die-hard K-50 owner and I'm more than satisfied with it and it's performance, considering the type of things I shoot and what I'm willing to spend on a camera.

I've owned three K-50's and I've never experienced the aperture lever failure I keep reading about. Maybe I'm just lucky, or the other guys have been unlucky. I've had a couple of system "lock-ups" early on with one of them, but all that was required was to remove the battery and put it back in. Other than that, they've been superb tools. Best and biggest bang for the DSLR buck on the market, BAR NONE!

I find the camera/lens market is almost a parallel with the guns/ammo industry. Let Ruger come out with a "new" caliber, such as the .204 Ruger and people will start lining up at the door, waiting to buy them. There's not a whit of difference between it and several other calibers/cartridges on the market, but it's "different," and the parent company will take out protracted "ads" (read: articles) in Guns & Ammo magazine touting the superior performance of their new creation. Same with cameras and lenses, MOST of the time. Marketing is the same, be it toilet paper or manhole covers.

02-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Dewman.

I feel the same way about my K-50. Although this is my first dslr and it's still in diapers. From what I've seen so far you get A LOT of camera for the cost. Look forward to seeing what you do with the 30.