Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #1

Delkin Power Rechargeable NiMH battaries

I asked this question in another thread (Rechargeables for my K200D), but have not received any answers...
Couple of days ago I was looking for a second set of batteries and came across Delkin Power web page (Delkin Devices Batteries). They've got Ready to Use 2300mAh Rechargeable AA Batteries ($36 with charger) and Extended Power 2900mAh Rechargeable AA Batteries ($30 with charger). Batteries sold separately for $18 and $17 respectively. Their Quick Charger has delta-V end-of-charge detection.
I also found set of 2900mAh with charger for $25 @ Thomasdistributing (Delkin Power AA-QKCHGR-US Battery ChargerAA AAA Internationa..). They've got also 2300mAh low discharge batteries for $11.
Have anyone used any of these batteries? Is this brand any good?

07-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Delkin make reliable products, but I am uncertain as to what extent the batteries are made by them, or just made by a generic firm in China + Delkin sticker.

Go with the better known brands of rechargeables. It's just safer. Sanyo, Energizer, Duracell.. that sort of thing.
07-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Buy some Sanyo Eneloops, and you have no worries...
07-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Delkin is fine, Thomasdistributing is good

I havent used Delkin, but it was a brand oftern recommened when I was researching batteries last year. Thomasdistributing is where I bought batteries and chargers. I recommend them.

07-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #5

should be fine. may not compare to the slightly more expensive Powerex and Sanyo batteries, but i think they should do fine

again, and i'll always repeat this in every battery thread: DO NOT SKIMP ON THE CHARGER!

a cheap one is Maha's MH-C204W. 1A with 4 batteries, Delta-V detection circuit, only needs a figure 8 power cord. it's a good cheap charger that'll look after your batteries