Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 07:21 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote

I'm certainly not spending $1700 on an advanced camera body so I can attach a $25 pawn shop treasure. I'm spending $1700 on a specific tool I need, and it's accoutrements need to be up to the task as well. That means, high IQ, high resolving, high performing glass. Aside from a few F/FA* lenses, most legacy glass doesn't fall into that category.
I'll happily put my $25 pawnshop treasure and plenty of other stuff on it besides, though at the end of the day I agree, that's not the only reason I'm getting one (eventually). Remember, some of those pawnshop treasures are diamonds in the rough.

If I didn't already have three well-spaced FA primes (and one D-FA Macro), I wouldn't be going near it - and I bought those primes when the K-1 was still a promise without a name.

03-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
Because they can't I'll be actually pretty surprised if most of the current Canon users know anything about FD lenses, especially the ones with a rebel and a kit zoom.
Love FD and FL 55mm f 1.2, both of which I have permanently switched to permanent K-mount--clinically sharp but do not provide rendering as interesting as FA 31 and 77.
03-21-2016, 12:31 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Love FD and FL 55mm f 1.2, both of which I have permanently switched to permanent K-mount-
New dimensions of LBA have just opened up.
03-21-2016, 01:59 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
New dimensions of LBA have just opened up.
Ha, ha. Guess that is right, but this is self-limiting for me because of the cost--buy a good lens for several hundred dollars and then spend that much more for the conversion! No more.

03-31-2016, 07:50 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
A poll, on another site, asks people their favorite feature on the full frame K1. 'The ability to use old K mount lenses' is coming in 3rd place at 10.8%! It is getting beat by:

'shake reduction on full frame' 19.8%
'pixel shift' 16.7%.

The 'astrotracer' at 9.1% is threatening to take 3rd place. This is surprising. Understand shake reduction doing so well. It is a very important feature. As nice as pixel shift is it is no where near as important. Then we have astrotracer. No way that is as important as being able to use old K mount lenses.

This poll is worrisome. Hope our favorite camera company doesn't interpret this the wrong way. Perhaps Adam needs to set up the same poll here for true Pentaxians? Would be interesting to compare results.

Thanks
barondla

As camera company: Never ask customers what they want. At least do not follow their ideas. Find People with a vision and collect ideas for the future. and make polls after all Features have been fixed.