Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2016, 09:03 PM   #1
rlatjsrud

My very first DSLR: istDL

It was my first DSLR camera I ever had with FA 50mm macro lens when I was 13 yrs old. Well the LCD is broken that I can't even set any set ups. But I can still take pics and check them on the computer. I still love the color of it. I wish to use this camera again but the LCD screen is broken and I can not set any settings which is quite disappointing. I never dropped this camera but the LCD screen is broken without any reasons. I wish to repair it but I have no money to do it and don't know where to fix it. Well thankfully, I'm shooting PEF file format but still can't control other settings such as iso. Are there any ways to display the setting on the other display so that I can control some settings?

03-01-2016, 03:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about your broken LCD. If the DL works like my old DS, you should still be able to set aperture and shutter speed as there are indicators in the viewfinder. You can set ISO using the Fn button, right arrow which displays on the rear screen.
03-01-2016, 11:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You might want to take a look at pkTriggerCord. You may be able to modify the settings via the USB cable using that software running on a computer. istDL has limited support as per their website.
03-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #4
rlatjsrud

QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
You might want to take a look at pkTriggerCord. You may be able to modify the settings via the USB cable using that software running on a computer. istDL has limited support as per their website.
I use Mac unfortunately

03-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
I use Mac unfortunately
Use parallels or VirtualBox with a trial version of Windows 10
03-01-2016, 05:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TropicalMonkey Quote
Use parallels or VirtualBox with a trial version of Windows 10
Or Ubuntu...
03-01-2016, 10:23 PM   #7
rlatjsrud

Not good. the program get errors if I connect istDL while K-5 was working.