Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2016, 09:50 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Why not just extend two legs instead of three?
There can be a disproportionate reduction in bulk and weight depending on the tripod used and how much you remove from the frame.

Also you may have to disconnect the brace for the third leg for many economy tripods or all legs want to extend together -- otherwise it makes use as a tripod very unstable and inconvenient and it becomes impossible to use as a bi-pod.

However, I DO have one tripod with the third leg's support arm replaced with a flexible chain that allows for your suggestion.

Last edited by pacerr; 03-24-2016 at 09:55 PM.
03-25-2016, 02:01 AM   #32
Pentaxian

I can see that with that design it can be a challenge. My tripod doesn't have the support arms, so I think it can be done. My previous post was just an idea I got from reading your post, so I'll have to try it to see if it will work or not.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
button, camera, dslr, focus, photography, release, shutter, vs