Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #1

How do u get your name inscribed on a photo?

I know of having a copyright mode in the camera, but how do you folks get your name/studio that shows on the picture? thanks

03-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fstop18 Quote
I know of having a copyright mode in the camera, but how do you folks get your name/studio that shows on the picture? thanks
You add it using post-processing software such as photoshop. The task can be automated so that a single click takes care of it for all your photos.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Watermark or some sort of overlay has to be added later. It is not in-camera.
It is usually best if you take photos in raw Dng, then use something like Lightroom or Photoshop to develop the photo (since raw data is not developed like jpegs are) and then you add a watermark just before the exporting into jpeg.
If you take photos in jpeg, you can still add a watermark in photoshop or similar programs (A free program that can probably do that for you is Gimp), but this will slightly degrade the image quality or increase the image file size.
Also, you will have to make that watermark somehow. Either comission an artist or make one yourself. The most simple ones are just a line of text in a certain style (font and such). Watermarks should be small and unobtrusive, as they can easily make the whole photo seem silly, pretentious.
03-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I noticed something in one of the K-1 videos I watched int he last few weeks (and I can't remember which one now, sad to say), but it looks like there might be an option to embed a logo in your images in addition to the normal copyright data. It was something I noticed in one of the menus.

03-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fstop18 Quote
The easy way is to use the same software tool that you process or manage your images with. Most such software (eg Picasa, or Lightroom) allow you to add watermark text or graphics into any images as you export from them. Eg for Lightroom:

Or you can use other imaging software (like the freeware Faststone Image Viewer) to add a prepared graphic into single JPEG images (Effects > Watermark) or a batch of images (Tools > Batch Convert Selected Images > Advanced Options > Watermark). Many other free graphics tools (eg XnView) make it easy to do the same.
03-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Watermarks should be small and unobtrusive, as they can easily make the whole photo seem silly, pretentious.

Amen to that !!