Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2016, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I buy too many old lenses and stuff when they are priced right, and right now I have too many. When you get a kit like you just got, that excellent performance makes it worse, now you have to make decisions.

I know.... but what's a guy to do? I couldn't just let someone else get that good deal! Well.... I guess I COULD have, but it just doesn't seem right!

03-14-2016, 03:28 AM   #32
Pentaxian

I just bought something I absolutely don’t need. A Tamron AD2 300mm f/5,6 with PKM mount adapter. The owner had advertised it for a month without any bids, and she said she would probably have thrown it in the garbage if I didn’t contact her. I got it for a very decent price and plan to try to sell it with another mount, for the same price. Just to get a spare PKM mount adapter. I think it would be to bad if it get thrown away.
03-14-2016, 09:06 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
I just bought something I absolutely don’t need. A Tamron AD2 300mm f/5,6 with PKM mount adapter. The owner had advertised it for a month without any bids, and she said she would probably have thrown it in the garbage if I didn’t contact her. I got it for a very decent price and plan to try to sell it with another mount, for the same price. Just to get a spare PKM mount adapter. I think it would be to bad if it get thrown away.
I have this same lens, and it's actually pretty good. For its age, it performs very well - not too good at f/5.6, but at f/8 it can bring out a surprising amount of detail, with good colours and decent contrast. It can't compete with modern lenses for overall sharpness (my HD DA55-300 is noticeably better), but it's still a very useful bit of glass - and very nicely built, too.
03-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Buy it, sell the DA55-300 for 200$ (easy) and figure out what to do with the K-x and 18-55 later. Maybe just give it to someone in your family or someone you own a favour. Or put it out for sale.

So far, I have given away two K-10s and one K-20. No more because I realized I was looking for stuff to buy just so I could give it away! Nowadays, I just keep my older DSLR versions, one K-7 and one K-20.