Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #16
Forum Member

Available budget should be taken into consideration.

Full frame is better than aps-c, but more expensive. The canon 5D is the cheapest full frame at the moment, but add the expensive glass and you got quite an investment.

I own the k20d and happy with it. I support the decision of waiting for photokina to decide which brand to invest to. If pentax solves two of the major issues (flash and autofocus speed), then pentax might be a good choice. If they don't solve flash and autofocus speed then canon or nikon are better for wedding photography. It's up to you if you can afford to lose 1 second to focus while you lose the candid, maybe you need to anticipate more.

You should attend some weddings as an assistant and see if your k10d limits you.

07-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

The backward compatibility of all 24,000,000 lenses Pentax has produced allows you to mount legendary used Pentax lenses to your K10D, and would presumably allow you to use those lenses to their fullest on a future FF camera Pentax might produce.

Don't count on it. I recall my Canon buddy mentioning that 5D users had all sorts of complaints, especially with wide angle lenses because of poor corner performance on EF lenses.
07-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
No one can tell you what fits you. Have you taken time to play with settings on your K10 to see if you can get the type of shot you are looking for? You can grow into the K10 as well as any other camera, is it what you want only you know the answer to that question. Just because it does not have one of the other two BIG brand names on it does not automaticly make it inferrior, when I was coming out of the film age and into the digital age I said to my self I want a real camera from a real camera company the toss up for me was Pentax and Nikon for the money I was willing to spend after lots of research the OVERALL best value, time and time again was the K10 as a matter of fact most of the time it was being compaired to the other brands higher level cameras instead of the ones on the same playing field why, because it is that good. Work with it and see what it can do with some nice glass check out the pictures metalfab posted that he just took with the 50-135 and converted to b/w.