Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #1

An observation about SD cards & copied images.

I had transferred some jpeg pics from an SD card to an external hard drive, then deleted the images on the SD card after transfer. I decided later that I wanted to use in camera digital processing(i love those features), so I made copies to transfer of the same pics back to the same SD card that was used before. Unfortunately there were no copied images to look at in the camera! I guess you can't view copied images in a camera(K-50). It is also stated that you can only apply digital processing in the camera that the pic was taken, but transferred back images must loose something, the camera does not recognize any copied images, even if the camera was the original source. I know that you can post process, but I wanted to do this in my K-50. This may be a no-brainer, but interesting. I'm sure I can recover the original images and possibly go that way. Don't know if you find this helpful, or if you have had any similar experiences. thanks

03-18-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you put them in the correct directory on the sd card? The camera only looks in certain places.

If the files were renamed that might also be an issue but not sure about that.
03-18-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
Forum Member

As long as you dont put the images directly in the SD-cards main directory but in the correct subfolders the K50 will show all JPGs and suited RAWs.
The K50 also displays JPGs that were shot with a different camera. Just tested this a few days ago when i put my K50s SD-card in my sisters old Nikon point&shoot to see if it supports SDHC cards.

Last edited by Bewatek; 03-18-2016 at 11:14 AM.
03-18-2016, 11:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks folks, I copied the pics to a folder and it worked.

03-19-2016, 12:47 PM   #5

Has anyone tried to make simple adjustment of your RAW files by your computer (e.g. adjust Whitebalance, exposure... by Pentax' own DCU or another software), save it to the RAW files, transfer it back to the camera and let the "small japanese guy" inside the camera do the rest of the job?

Most of the time the small japanese are better than me to produce jpeg's.... We could have shared the job; Exposure, WhiteBalance and cutting is my responsibility. The rest, my japanese friend. Is this possible?
03-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe but if you cannot do better than the camera either just shoot jpeg or learn more about post processing.
Sending a raw back to the camera just seems awkward and redundant.
Be interesting to see if this possible though.