Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2008, 10:07 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here is some interesting comparisons, My K100Ds screen measures 1.4x17.8x26.1mm. As measured with a electronic micro caliper. It appeared that there is some lateral room in the screen frame for slight size variation on the K100.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
I measure 25.1 mm for the length, and 17.5mm for the width--not counting the extra width the locating tab would add.

Regards,

Ernest

12-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Dave, thanks for opening this subject as I've been thinking of doing some experimenting one of these days and, thanks for the flckr link.

RH, thanks also for your link.

This just might become an oft' referred-to thread.
12-03-2008, 11:23 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Success!

Greetings,
Well. I cut down an Olympus OM-2 focus screen tonight. It works like a champ. I did a diagonal cut, so the split image rangefinder would be diagonal. It has a nice micro prism collar around the split image rangefinder. The focus is quick and easy with any manual lens and it locks on with auto focus also. I can't see any exposure shift so far either. The only issue is that it looked clean when I put it in, but I need to pull it and clean toughly. The screen is 1.3mm thick and the screen holder apparently took up the difference. The Pentax screen is 1.4mm. The Fresno side of the screen is up with the 0.3mm shim between it and the seat. This gives a constant reference, even with different thicknesses of screens. Before I lowered the screen I cut a piece of printer paper to fit over the mirror. I thought that this would be a good idea, considering how old and shaky I am.

Dave