Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Anyone got an old spare body?

I was wondering if someone has an old body sitting on a shelf collecting dust that I could borrow for a couple months. My K-50 is currently in repair and I now realize I won't get it back before I go to France for a month. It would be nice to take my camera, which I obviously can't do. So I was just seeing if a member here would be so kind to lend me their old unused DSLR till around June.

Thanks!

04-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I was wondering if someone has an old body sitting on a shelf collecting dust that I could borrow for a couple months. My K-50 is currently in repair and I now realize I won't get it back before I go to France for a month. It would be nice to take my camera, which I obviously can't do. So I was just seeing if a member here would be so kind to lend me their old unused DSLR till around June.

Thanks!
Sorry, I don't have a K50. I do still have my old K20, K7 & maybe a K5 (don't say it, I know I'm a pack rat.... I was thinking last week I need to try to sell one or two of them). I haven't used them in a long time, & they have a lot of shutter clicks. But if no one else makes an offer that's near you & you want to borrow one we can give it a try.
I'm in Michigan.
When do you need it?
04-07-2016, 08:48 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxCats Quote
Sorry, I don't have a K50. I do still have my old K20, K7 & maybe a K5 (don't say it, I know I'm a pack rat.... I was thinking last week I need to try to sell one or two of them). I haven't used them in a long time, & they have a lot of shutter clicks. But if no one else makes an offer that's near you & you want to borrow one we can give it a try.
I'm in Michigan.
When do you need it?
Thanks for the offer!
Very kind

I'll see if anyone closer to home has one first though.
I need it within the next two weeks.
04-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Ok, let me know if you decide you want one.

Good luck!

04-07-2016, 11:00 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Thanks!
I have a K-5 with a sensor stain issue I believe. I got it fairly cheap, and just used it for converting SDM lenses to screwdrive. I could let you borrow it, you may not even notice the stain issue or can PP it. Let me know.
04-08-2016, 12:09 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

I have an old body with a spare... badumbum
04-08-2016, 06:28 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll see if anyone closer to home has one first though.
The thing about Alaska is: even though it shares a border with BC, I'm as far away from you as is Michigan!
04-08-2016, 06:30 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
The thing about Alaska is: even though it shares a border with BC, I'm as far away from you as is Michigan!

And the shipping is probably more expensive as well...

04-08-2016, 07:02 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if you were local I would lend you my K-3. I'm in Ontario though and I'm sure the shipping to and fro would be pretty steep.
04-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
if you were local I would lend you my K-3. I'm in Ontario though and I'm sure the shipping to and fro would be pretty steep.
Are you sure you mean K-3?
That doesn't sound like a body that would just be sitting around...

Shipping (I'm guessing) would be around $30 to get it here, not more than from Michigan

If no one else closer in BC or AB has one I'll send you a PM at the end of the day.
04-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

K-3

Are you sure you mean K-3?
That doesn't sound like a body that would just be sitting around...

Shipping (I'm guessing) would be around $30 to get it here, not more than from Michigan

If no one else closer in BC or AB has one I'll send you a PM at the end of the day.

It does sit around as I shoot almost exclusively a Fuji X-T1, and a little Pentax 645 & KX film bodies.
04-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
It does sit around as I shoot almost exclusively a Fuji X-T1, and a little Pentax 645 & KX film bodies.
Thanks!
That's quite generous.
I'll send you a PM later if nothing closer to home turns up
04-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #13
Pentaxian

I don't have a spare Pentax body but I have a Panasonic G2 that's just sitting around. I can lend this to you along with a PK-m4/3 adapter, though it won't do any good with your DA lenses without aperture ring on the lens. I do have a K10D but it's IR but I doubt that you would want to shoot your entire trip in IR.
04-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #14
Pentaxian

I was going to offer you my old K20D, now i feel cheap.
04-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I was going to offer you my old K20D, now i feel cheap.

Norm don't worry, it's the thought that counts.
Though it might be a good idea to go with that so I don't feel disapointed when I go back to my K-50...