Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-10-2016, 06:06 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
wow steve THAT WORKED! if i set the RAW button as you suggested and press it in M mode, i can manually set the SS and/or aperture to whatever i want and i see the effect on the EV bar! excellent! that is really a big deal for me. thank you so much! i hope i can repay the favor sometime.
Cool! The various bodies are all similar, but all a little different. There are a few "Easter Eggs" and this is apparently one.

Steve

04-10-2016, 06:26 PM   #17
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I edited my last post. See my correction.

As for an indication of over/under, EC is available in both Av and M modes. In addition, a viewfinder EV scale is available in M mode on flaghip models by using the optical preview feature.* I will have to research your K-S2 to see if it supports similar.

Steve

* Only visible if the optical viewfinder level feature is turned OFF.
QuoteOriginally posted by rbelyell Quote
wow steve THAT WORKED! if i set the RAW button as you suggested and press it in M mode, i can manually set the SS and/or aperture to whatever i want and i see the effect on the EV bar! excellent! that is really a big deal for me. thank you so much! i hope i can repay the favor sometime.

I use older manual lenses almost (but not) exclusively on my K10 and K5IIs. I leave the camera in manual mode, and use the optical preview feature with the EV scale to help with exposure settings.

Same as I did with the needle EV scale in the viewfinder on my film SLR.

Easy Squeezy