Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mholford Quote
If you havent left - don't - pentax / ricoh is a no-show in Nanaimo
hahahaha
04-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
hahahaha
Wasn't quite my reaction after driving an hour to visit the store....
04-17-2016, 05:24 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
At least you could have a Nanaimo bar.

04-17-2016, 05:28 PM   #20

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
At least you could have a Nanaimo bar.
Well... There is that. Nobody there had any idea why Ricoh/Pentax didn't show. They were expecting them to be there.
Going to have to post a black photo in "single in" today representing my attempt to catch a picture of the elusive K-1 in the wild
04-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I heard from a London Drugs employee that despite being told that quite a few people were interested in the K-1, the Pentax/Ricoh rep chose to go to some sort of meeting instead. Having taken the trouble to pay for a ferry (and sit in ferry lineups) in order to get there from Gabriola, I wasn't too impressed. On the other hand, the Sony rep was present. Sony FF is currently my main system. One of these days I'm going to choose between Pentax and Sony...

Last edited by John Poirier; 04-17-2016 at 07:08 PM.
04-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #22
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by John Poirier Quote
I heard from a London Drugs employee that despite being told that quite a few people were interested in the K-1, the Pentax/Ricoh rep chose to go to some sort of meeting instead. Having taken the trouble to pay for a ferry (and sit in ferry lineups) in order to get there from Gabriola, I wasn't too impressed. On the other hand, the Sony rep was present. Sony FF is currently my main system. One of these days I'm going to choose between Pentax and Sony...
Ricoh-Pentax was a no-show in Vancouver yesterday (at the London Drugs on West Broadway at Cambie). Wasted my trip and parking meter fare.