Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

How to use catch in focus?

Can any body help me to use catch in focus...

04-27-2016, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's our tutorial

Catch-in-Focus Tutorial - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks adam for yor reply... I used my old mf lens... I made cif active but when i focus on something and press the button the camera takes the pic... Does,t wait for the subject to come in the area... May be i misunderstood something... What could i,ve been doing wrong....
04-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have to cancel the AF button, under the Button Customization menu and set the Shutter button half press to On.

I'm using a K-5

04-27-2016, 06:15 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Bikash Quote
Thanks adam for yor reply... I used my old mf lens... I made cif active but when i focus on something and press the button the camera takes the pic... Does,t wait for the subject to come in the area... May be i misunderstood something... What could i,ve been doing wrong....
Is the camera in AF mode, specifically AF.S in focus priority? What body are you using?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-27-2016, 08:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bikash Quote
Does,t wait for the subject to come in the area.
Is something/anything ALREADY in focus in the frame when you push the button?

You should be focused on a point where there's nothing in focus - just waiting for the planned target to be 'ambushed' when it appears as the first thing to be 'seen' at that focus point.
04-28-2016, 03:27 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is the camera in AF mode, specifically AF.S in focus priority? What body are you using?
I,m using k3 and is in AF.S...

---------- Post added 04-28-16 at 03:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
Is something/anything ALREADY in focus in the frame when you push the button?

You should be focused on a point where there's nothing in focus - just waiting for the planned target to be 'ambushed' when it appears as the first thing to be 'seen' at that focus point.
Oh well thanks.... May be thats the problem.... I,ll try if i can manage with your idea... Hope it works...

04-28-2016, 03:46 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I use a lot of manual-focus only lenses on my K-5.

If you are using a manual focus lens, I recommend turning off AF. CiF won't allow the shutter to activate unless something is in focus, and if you are using center focus, that object has to be in the center of the frame.