Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A synopsis of the laast two days..

Well....The guys and a gal from Pentax came to my shoot yesterday...They were totally chuffed to say the least. They can't wait to get their hands on the final images. The K10D worked famously. If it weren't for that frippen 2 giga card that screwed up it would have been perfect. I found myself going more and more for the 16-45 lens. I basically used the 21, 40 and 16-45. I don't think I used the 70..too long for what I wanted. I'll check my Raw's to check. I may have used it once.

I will say this. The studio assistant wants a Pentax K10D. After she saw the results, well it was over for her. She NEEDS it! It is just fine for pro application. If you are asking how does it compare to a D200..Well equal or better. Less noise and what an incredible user interface. I still have to get used to going for the 4 way toggle for choosing my focus point. It is a question of time. Been using Canon for years. It's like changing girlfriends..oooppppsss sorry..

Banding..NNNOOOOOOO. Noise.....NNNNOOOOOO. Sharp....YESSSSSS. In fact, for the Pentax, I have reduced my unsharp mask to around 200 to 240 at .3 pixels. I do have sharpen at 25 in Camera Raw however...None the less, if you have any questions..You Know!

Ben

02-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks Ben. What do you mean when you say "do have sharpen at 25 in Camera Raw however"?

Thanks,
ken
02-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
In the "Detail" tab of ACR, there is a slider for Sharpness.

I don't know why Benji would use that, though. There's no control over the quality of sharpening, apart from the simple slider... USM or Smart Sharpen in PS are far better.
02-12-2007, 01:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sharpen

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Thanks Ben. What do you mean when you say "do have sharpen at 25 in Camera Raw however"?

Thanks,
ken
The default sharpen in Camera Raw is 25. I leave it there as my center or starting point.

Ben

02-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am looking forward to seeing the images. I bet they're gonna rock.
02-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
In fact, for the Pentax, I have reduced my unsharp mask to around 200 to 240 at .3 pixels. I do have sharpen at 25 in Camera Raw however...None the less, if you have any questions..You Know!

Ben
Hi Ben, interesting: I found that your 300-330 bracket at .3 gave an oversharp picture and after much trial and error, I finally decided that around 230 was about right for me for viewing on my monitor. (I don't know about printing).

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Jean.
02-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Images

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I am looking forward to seeing the images. I bet they're gonna rock.
I have posted tons of stuff here..Here is one example

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 03-15-2007 at 01:12 AM.