Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K100D Super w/ Manual Teleconverter

I got a fabulous deal on a Vivitar MC Teleconverter 2X-22 for $2.50 at Goodwill.

Now the question is how to use it. I have the K100D Super with the 18-55 kit lens. The teleconverter is just a PK, so I know my automatic lens won't work with it. I have some older PK-A manual focus lenses from my ME Super. It seems the light meter can't figure out how to use it, so I've tried some guesstimating of exposure in manual mode (lots of years of experience with the K1000 & C3), with poor results.

Any suggestions or instructions? Or am I limited to using it with my film SLR?

Thanks

Tirec

07-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tirec Quote
I got a fabulous deal on a Vivitar MC Teleconverter 2X-22 for $2.50 at Goodwill.

Now the question is how to use it. I have the K100D Super with the 18-55 kit lens. The teleconverter is just a PK, so I know my automatic lens won't work with it. I have some older PK-A manual focus lenses from my ME Super. It seems the light meter can't figure out how to use it, so I've tried some guesstimating of exposure in manual mode (lots of years of experience with the K1000 & C3), with poor results.

Any suggestions or instructions? Or am I limited to using it with my film SLR?

Thanks

Tirec
You need to enable the aperture ring in the Custom menu. You will then be able to use Av with the lens wide open, and use manual exposure at any aperture, as you would with a K or M series lens, or with M42 lens and adapter. I cannot give you exact instructions to the menu item; I use a K10D and suspect the menus are rather different.
07-13-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have used a manual lens on a k100d super.... in auto mode....
one 2x tele and a vivatar 70-300, light meter worked fine for me...
i have even used two tele converters! pictures can be seen in one of my threads...
cant remember what its called, try a search for my user name.....
but in short dont know what settings to use...