Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Interval Timer

just curious if anyone has heard whether Pentax intends on fixing the huge mistake they made with the interval timer being capped at 99 frames on the K20d

07-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Huge mistake? You may not like the fact that it only goes to 99, but to call it a "huge mitake" that demands to be fixed is probably going a bit too far, I'd say.

Is it a huge mistake that my pickup only goes XX MPH/KPH? No, it's a result of a design choice. I suspect the same in the case of the Interval Timer in the K20D.

I'm not criticizing you for not liking it, but it just seems a bit of an overreaction ....

Maybe I'm wrong.
07-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi pjmarchand

Re your assessment:

QuoteQuote:
Just curious if anyone has heard whether Pentax intends on fixing the huge mistake they made with the interval timer being capped at 99 frames on the K20d
Sorry NewportPreacher, but I remember when I first studied the spec sheet for the K20D, my initial reaction was
"what the f***" ! I'm afraid in this instance I'm 99% behind pjmarchand on this one and I would have backed him 100%, except that a certain manufacturer stupidly prevented me from doing so......LOL !
Excuse the questionable analogy for a moment, but do you reckon that a video camera which was only capable of capturing 30 seconds of material in one go would be acceptable ?
Therefore unless there is a bl**dy good technical reason why this particular limit was summarily imposed, the logic that lies behind designing such a crippled feature is utterly beyond my comprehension.....anyone at Pentax care to comment ?

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 07-13-2008 at 06:14 PM.