Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-16-2016, 04:41 AM   #1

Catch-in focus with lensbaby attached

Hi, I read that you can use catch-in focus with the K7 with the lensbaby-velvet 56. I have the K5 and catch-in focus is working fine with the M50mm 1.7.
The camara fires only when my subject is in focus. So the settings are OK.
But when I use the lensbaby Pro with the dubble glas optic, it is not working. (lensbaby is a Manual lens) The camera fires immediatly after I press the releasebutton. Can you help me explain why? Is it due to the velvet optic?

05-16-2016, 07:24 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Pentax Forums!

Catch-in-focus is just manual focus using AF-S where you move the subject rather than the optics. Does the system indicate focus is attained on half-press? If so, the camera believes it is in focus. Similarly, are you able to successfully use manual focus confirmation with this lens? Based on the descriptions I have read, I am not sure that using the AF system for focus will work very well since the view is progressively softer at wider apertures. The how-to video on the Lenbaby Web site seems to indicate manual focus technique balancing focus point against aperture for affect.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 05-16-2016 at 07:40 AM.