Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
Is anyone else a little bothered that one must wait at least a month or more if they want the new K-1?
People have been waiting for years. Be glad it is a reality.

05-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #62
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This doesn't just happen with Pentax cameras. I remember when Nikon's D800 came out, it was also out of stock for a while.

If the same number of units arrives in June as from the initial batch, all pre-orders on the US should be filled, and the camera will likely be listed as in stock.

That is, unless people rush to get it after seeing the (soon to be published) in-depth review!
05-18-2016, 07:06 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Does it matter?

Ricohs target market is existing Pentax users, some will buy now and some will buy later.If other brand users buy one it will just force up the price of all the old lenses that work well on the K1.

SHHH, don't tell any of those other brand users how GOOD it is!
05-19-2016, 05:15 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
hether they consider it's better to have the market think they've been surprised at the demand, than to have lots of stock sitting around, waiting to be sold.
Or they think the lack of availability will create hype, in the "what am I missing" type.

05-19-2016, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #65
Pentaxian

If there wasn't a waiting list the doomy gloomers would be saying " the K-1 bombed, no one wants them".. you can't win with these people.
05-19-2016, 04:54 PM - 1 Like   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
If there wasn't a waiting list the doomy gloomers would be saying " the K-1 bombed, no one wants them".. you can't win with these people.
You have to admit this is a change: "Pentax is Doooomedİ, they cannot make cameras fast enough......................."
05-19-2016, 05:56 PM   #67
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

^^ use ALT + 0176

05-19-2016, 07:19 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry. Wrong alt code.
05-20-2016, 03:38 AM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
LOL No...Pentax pulled out of my state. That's my point. How can they sell something that new buyers can't even hold? Unless you know me, there's almost nowhere else to see a Pentax DSLR. Call me crazy, but I think that's an impediment to sales.
Since the discussion is specifically about the K-1, I will say that the odds of having a Walmart or Target have a full frame camera of any sort is limited. I have mainly seen low end cameras like the D3200 and the T5 -- certainly nothing even at the level of a D7000 there.

But camera stores seem to be dying overall. I live an hour's drive from a camera store and they have pretty poor selection and pricing on the gear they have. I don't foresee them being able to continue long term.
05-20-2016, 04:49 AM   #70
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Since the discussion is specifically about the K-1, I will say that the odds of having a Walmart or Target have a full frame camera of any sort is limited. I have mainly seen low end cameras like the D3200 and the T5 -- certainly nothing even at the level of a D7000 there.

But camera stores seem to be dying overall. I live an hour's drive from a camera store and they have pretty poor selection and pricing on the gear they have. I don't foresee them being able to continue long term.
The ones an hour from me have branched out into printing, framing, camera bags , etc. the still sell lots of point and shoots etc. They even have in store D610s and D810s and some decent lenses.
05-20-2016, 06:07 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote

The big camera store in our state also has stores in other states. This isn't a one-state deal. It's a chunk of the US.
05-20-2016, 06:25 AM   #72
Pentaxian

That time you walked into the cinema on the opening night of Star Wars and found it was soldout. Did you think that would stop it's popularity?
05-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #73
Pentaxian

The big camera store in our state also has stores in other states. This isn't a one-state deal. It's a chunk of the US.
Many stores do not carry Pentax gear, yet Pentax keeps rolling along. Wat Wid Dat.? If it's such a big deal, why aren't they dead? It's bonus to see Pentax in the stores, but it's not essential. Each store makes up their own mind. Can they make money selling Pentax, or are they better off not selling Pentax? I assume the store want to make money. I assume Pentax wants to make money. In this case, the mutually agreed on scenario is they both make more money if the stores don't carry Pentax.

Last edited by normhead; 05-20-2016 at 06:47 AM.
05-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax pulled out of my state. That's my point.
Just reread this and I am confused by this statement. Pentax pulled out of your state? Oklahoma I suppose? Why? Does Oklahoma have some strict laws so that companies pull out like California? Sorry if I'm missing something but I just do not understand how they pulled out of your state. Do you have to go to Kansas to buy a camera?
05-20-2016, 11:34 AM   #75
Pentaxian

It may not have been Pentax...it may have been the camera dealer. But they own stores in a couple of states and carry pretty much every other brand so I assumed it was something with Pentax. This is what I've been saying. If you want to buy a Pentax camera here, you have to already know about them and have to mail order it. There is no place to see one up close and personal.