Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2016, 06:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
The 3 last photo displays a 135mm f/2.8 with a curiously misaligned front barrel.
The 3rd last? I thought it was a 50-135.

Fantastic images Frank!

05-25-2016, 06:18 AM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice post - and some great shots! Welcome back
05-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I wonder what the collective noun is... for a group of K1s like on display in that image.
05-25-2016, 03:22 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I wonder what the collective noun is... for a group of K1s like on display in that image.
A K1uster?

05-25-2016, 03:38 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Loot
05-26-2016, 03:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
back with a splash! very nice photos tfs :-)
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Welcome back, Frank.
There's a great variety there - great faces.
Thanks. I love to take people in a bit tight frames

The 3 last photo displays a 135mm f/2.8 with a curiously misaligned front barrel.
That's the hood... I need to ask JK (the one who is holding the camera in the photo) if the tilt hood showed up in his photos

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
Someone needs the silver K-1 that doesn't exist...yet.
Hehe, actually some here in our group indeed are waiting for a silver limited edition

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Eight K-1 cameras in a single photo. I don't think that feat is likely to be repeated in the USA.

Are cosmetic contact lenses a big fashion trend in Singapore?
Actually I missed one or two, a few guys showed up late, missed our chitchat fun moment

Sorry I don't know about the cosmetic contact lenses thing. Didn't even notice until you said so

QuoteOriginally posted by freerider Quote
Awesome! Looks like you guys have a great club. Singapore is a fantastic city for photography.
Yes, our Pentax group have been pretty active over the past 7-8 years, even though Pentax went up and down, sold a couple of times. But now our group became much smaller already. We used to have outings w/ more than 30 people show up, now only in low 10s...

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Good to hear from you again Frank. I recall with fond memories our catchup in your fine country. Thanks for sharing these images. Great community of Pentaxians there.
Hi Ash, nice to see you here again Every time I passed by the bridges near MBS where we shot the night scene, I always thought about you Hope you'd be able to visit us again, even don't see us, at least see our beautiful city.

QuoteOriginally posted by ashyra7 Quote
Amazed to see all the great photos produced by K1. Finally, the long wait is worth it. Thanks Frank for all the awesome photos. It makes me feel like grab it asap and start shooting. =)
Thanks. Glad you like these. K1 is indeed a great camera, to me it's the end game camera. It's gonna stay with me until ... well, probably a silver version comes out

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Good heavens, that's a lot of K-1's in one place! It's a feast of full-frames!

That 135/2.8 looks familiar - it's a lot smaller on the K-1 than mine is on my K-5!
Singapore is a small country, I think the K1 you saw here are probably 25% of the total sold here so far

QuoteOriginally posted by wissink Quote
The 3rd last? I thought it was a 50-135.

Fantastic images Frank!
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by BakDinitzen Quote
Very nice post - and some great shots! Welcome back
Thanks Glad to be back. Hope I can post more often.

Never thought about this...
05-26-2016, 04:19 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
That's the hood... I need to ask JK (the one who is holding the camera in the photo) if the tilt hood showed up in his photos
Perhaps he was using it to deliberately darken a portion of the image in lieu of a GND filter, in which case would be an inspired use of a lens hood.

05-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Perhaps he was using it to deliberately darken a portion of the image in lieu of a GND filter, in which case would be an inspired use of a lens hood.
Haha, good guess. But he was shooting some street people w that setup, a GND filter might not work the best there
05-31-2016, 03:43 AM   #24

Those photos make me wish I could own a K-1.
Where do you guys get Pentax gears? The only place I know is Funan and Sim Lim. Plus Funan is closing down soon.