Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
Forum Member

Broken AV Button

Hey everyone, I don't post much here, just come and look around but I ran into an issue with my K100D. I recently moved and some how the AV button got broken on my K100D. When I say it broke, it must have gotten forced back into the camera and thus the button is there but when you press it there is no resistance and no effect on the cameras operation (i.e. can not change shutter speed when camera is set to aperture). Any thoughts on fixing it? Do I need to send to Pentax? If so, how much do you think it will cost as it is out of warranty?

Thanks in advance.

07-16-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Can anyone help?
07-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I don't hove a K100, but there's no Av "button," right? You mean the mode dial won't lock into place at that point? That's pretty strange. Other than taking the camera apart to try to fix the dial, or sending it to Pentax, I think you're stuck. Is there any way you could work around it? Is there a scene mode that acts mostly like Av mode?
07-16-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm going to say that unless you want to remove the casing to reset the camera I would send it in for repair. Send it to the factory in CO since they will probably have the parts available to fix it. Once they get the camera they will give you a quote on how much it will cost to fix.

07-16-2008, 07:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joefru Quote
I don't hove a K100, but there's no Av "button," right? You mean the mode dial won't lock into place at that point? That's pretty strange. Other than taking the camera apart to try to fix the dial, or sending it to Pentax, I think you're stuck. Is there any way you could work around it? Is there a scene mode that acts mostly like Av mode?

I think this is about the EV compensation button.

And unfortunately I have nothing useful to say about this issue.