Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
05-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I would like to see major improvements in high ISO images meaning lower or near to no noise on my photographs. I like the way the k-5II handles noise up to ISO 800. I hope to see better images with the new APS-C up to 3200. It's a big dream for me to have it. Better AF is also another must. I hope they can give this to us starting with the K-70 and up.

05-30-2016, 01:23 PM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
Actually forgot to add to my wishlist, which is growing by the minute: twisty screen and tethering.
05-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by plooksta Quote
Actually forgot to add to my wishlist, which is growing by the minute: twisty screen and tethering.
Tethering: yes. But, please, please, please: no twisty screen! Plenty of other options with that!

Different strokes for different folks, ya know!
05-30-2016, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
But, please, please, please: no twisty screen! Plenty of other options with that!
Before the K-1 I would have agreed with you 100%. In fact I've said so quite a few times. Waste of space, material and so on, not useful.

However, the K-1 has converted me. The twisty screen is one of the most used details. I'm still rather shocked by how many times I use it, when a month ago I was still insisting it would stay folded up and unused. You don't know how much you use it until you try twisting the k-3II screen and it doesn't move...........

05-30-2016, 02:56 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Adding some of the K-1 tech is an obvious conclusion. But the missing part is the sensor. If they are going to replace the K-3II at some point they need a sensor with some clear improvements. Otherwise, I'm stumped as to what they could add to make a k-3III. Maybe the tilty screen thing? Maybe the K-1 AF module?
Clear improvements such as high ISO " à la K-1 " perhaps?
I wonder what sort of APS-C sensor that would be?
05-30-2016, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Before the K-1 I would have agreed with you 100%. In fact I've said so quite a few times. Waste of space, material and so on, not useful.

However, the K-1 has converted me. The twisty screen is one of the most used details. I'm still rather shocked by how many times I use it, when a month ago I was still insisting it would stay folded up and unused. You don't know how much you use it until you try twisting the k-3II screen and it doesn't move...........
If provided a K-1, I am willing to be converted!
05-30-2016, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All I can say is stay away from it. If you pick up a K-1 you will be Doooomed©, and then you will have to provide one for yourself

06-01-2016, 07:39 AM   #23

Original Poster
Tethering: yes. But, please, please, please: no twisty screen! Plenty of other options with that!

Different strokes for different folks, ya know!
Well, with my knees, taking low down shots is a real pain. I have to attach an HDMI field monitor. A twisty screen solves the problem pretty well. Less clutter and fuss, less batteries to charge. What's not to like?
06-06-2016, 11:01 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

I would not expect a high-end APS-C since high-end is now full frame - unless the camera fullfills a certain purpose like fast AF or designed for long focal length work or something small and nice. A new high-end APS-C will also require new APS-C glass and currently we are waiting for more FF glass.
06-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #25
Pentaxian

faster burst rate, faster AF, better high ISO performance to make it better for sports and wildlife shooting

note: they might also prototype new feature(s) planned for K-1ii, such as a built-in wireless trigger for flash.
06-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by plooksta Quote
Well, with my knees, taking low down shots is a real pain. I have to attach an HDMI field monitor. A twisty screen solves the problem pretty well. Less clutter and fuss, less batteries to charge. What's not to like?
Twisty Vidcam screen: NO
Moonlander: YES

I cannot believe how good it is.
06-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #27

K-2 for me? Ricoh, please listen

24mpix with better ISO performance, buil-in flash commander back, 10fps with at least 40 imgs raw buffer, reliable AF with usable AF-C, display overlay in viewfinder, dot matrix top LCD configurable for more info, automatic AF adjustment according to contrast AF, faster flash-sync would be nice, compatibility with Sigma HSM lenses like previous bodies - not like K1, 4k video support & fast 1920x1080 with 60+fps for slow-motions, AF and focus peaking usable during video capture of course, SR during video selectable, tilt screen welcome with capacity touch sensitive layer. Customizable AF assist by flash strobe or green diode. Wifi & GPS. Battery charging possible over USB (in car or from powerpack/laptop shared with smartphone)... and include some new DA*16-50/2.8 II DC at least as good optically as Sigma 17-50/2.8 is.
06-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Many good ideas here. My wish is for a solid performing AF.C performance especially Tracking. The frame rate of the K3 is OK for me, rather than faster I feel reliable tracking, as already mentioned before, is what I need in the K-3 follow on. The rest is icing on the cake. I would also like to see a revision to the 560 lens, version 2.0, with fast focus motors and, if possible, improved CA correction.
06-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #29

Improved AF, more points and faster, and a better flash system, all I want in a sucessor.
06-26-2016, 12:31 PM   #30
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
Many good ideas here. My wish is for a solid performing AF.C performance especially Tracking. The frame rate of the K3 is OK for me, rather than faster I feel reliable tracking, as already mentioned before, is what I need in the K-3 follow on. The rest is icing on the cake. I would also like to see a revision to the 560 lens, version 2.0, with fast focus motors and, if possible, improved CA correction.
Yeah -- an AF.C performance improvement alone would make it worth upgrading (in my case, from a K-3) -- anything/everything else would be like frosting on the cake.

Although I do like good frosting on my cake...