Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #76

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Really but then why do we need a new camera? It already exist it is called K3 or K3-II depending of the flavor... As if you prefer a foveon from sigma? Why not just buy one, honestly ? Myself I would have absolutely no issue with you buying one. Sigma neither.

Anyway what name that camera should get? K3 1.5 ?
Face palms. I was obviously comparing sensors and if you had not noticed i said i had a K-3 and a K-70 and enjoy them very much. besides where do you think Sigma got thier Pixel Shift idea from? Yeah that's right Pentax and Olympus.

No matter.

08-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #77
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hologram Quote
Face palms. I was obviously comparing sensors and if you had not noticed i said i had a K-3 and a K-70 and enjoy them very much. besides where do you think Sigma got thier Pixel Shift idea from? Yeah that's right Pentax and Olympus.

No matter.
And so? The key benefits of K3 are pro quality + better AF. yet you prefer K70 AF that the same as prevous generation of K5-II but ask for D500 that is light years ahead..

You say Pentax camera are soft while they are as sharp as the lens you put on them and certainy as sharp as any other camera with the same sensor... like any camera.

Attached a 100% crop, no pixel shift, nothing special an it is crazy sharp still... because this is "only" 24MP this crop is actually 1/6 of the picture in both direction. Taken with FA31, effective framing 280mm FF equivalent. With you K70 or K3 you can print 30x40" no issue, you don't even need to enable pixel shift.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 01-31-2017 at 02:03 PM.