Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2008, 11:19 AM   #16
Busiko

QuoteOriginally posted by BARCUD Quote
. . . in the past I've been a major contributor to a couple of forums and on the whole very much became a better person for it and enjoyed the experience. Once you learn the basic rules of engagement, sorry I'll start that again, once you learn the basic rules of participation then forums can be excellent places to learn and teach. AND let's face it, it's all free! How many books would you have had to have read in the past to gleen such vast amounts of information?

It works like this.

I write a question in a polite and considerate manner and you guys write me a reply in a polite and considerate manner.

You guys write questions in a polite and considerate manner and who knows I might gain enough knowledge of the subject to be able to reply in a polite and considerate manner.

You never write questions whilst under the influence of drink or mind and behavioural altering drugs.

You never answer questions whilst under the influence either. You will only jump up in a start from your bed in the morning and rush to the computer to see 'what the hell did I write last night ?'

The person behind the words you are reading has feelings.

Always be positive in your contributions whether you agree with what you are reading or not.

I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling from this forum. Or is the laptop overheating on my lap. I'm loving you guys already

BARCUD
Hi BARCUD,

I understand perfectly what you mean. There are a few guys who feel they own this Forum.

Rui

07-16-2008, 12:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked first at the Pentax K10D, then I looked at the Canon 400D/450D
Nikon D40/D60/D80 Sony A200/A300/A350 Panasonic DMC-L1/ L10
Olympus E401/E402/E501 Fujipix ProS5

AND what do you think I picked ?

BARCUD
Since your other post mentioned your Slr is a Nikon, I'll guess the fuji.

Well, you did ask us to guess.

Dave
07-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #18

Original Poster
Dave . . .

. . . I like your logic !

The 1st dslr I looked at was the Pentax K10D. The 2nd dslr I looked at was the Fujifilm S5 ! I could use my Nikon lenses with it AND I also have a Fujifilm Finepix Z602S which uses the XD card. The price was also good £499. It has a fantastic dynamic range which appealed to me BUT effectively it is only 6 megs !

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I ended up with the Pentax ; )

BARCUD
07-16-2008, 02:20 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Damn, really sucks that you ended up with such a buggy, outdated camersa.

07-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

The 1st dslr I looked at was the Pentax K10D. The 2nd dslr I looked at was the Fujifilm S5 ! I could use my Nikon lenses with it AND I also have a Fujifilm Finepix Z602S which uses the XD card. The price was also good £499. It has a fantastic dynamic range which appealed to me BUT effectively it is only 6 megs !

BARCUD
I was going to guess the K20D, so I would have been wrong

You'll love the camera.

And sorry about all the negative posts, Rice has a bad reputation on this along with several other forums.
As a result even when he says something nice about Pentax it'll often turn into a slamfest

I seriously feel that he means well with most posts, but I'm one of the few.
I will say that he probably deserves his bad reputation due to a few posts in the past
07-17-2008, 04:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

BARCUD
Thanks.

You'll enjoy the K10D, even with all the bugs Ricehigh seems to think it has.

Even though i use Nikon gear at my equine shows, i use the K10D for the presentation shots. I have blown some of these up for clients to 11x14 and we all are happy with the results. I have done the same with my paltry D1H at 2.74 MP and they look great to.

Don't worry if one shot is exposed properly and the next you need to dial in EV one way or the other. I have to on the K10D as well as my D2H, D1H etc.
Its not a Pentax problem, its an all round problem, but do notice it more on Sigma and Tamron lenses and not so much on Pentax lenses.

Dave
07-17-2008, 04:45 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Pentax K10D: Too many bugs and outdated, although it is damn cheap right now;
bugs? well I made some pics of them.. but what bugs do you mean?
outdated.. hmmm because it has no Live view?