Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K10D, random renumbering of images in camera?

Last night I downloaded the card to computer, last number was 8259. Formatted the card (always do) and went for a shoot this morning, came home and downloaded the 10 images. First image was numbered 7930, anyone know how this happens? In all the years of digital with 6 different cameras I have never seen this happen. Is it the camera or the card? (Sandisk SD HC 4 Gig Extreme III)

It was easy enough fixed by reloading 8259 back onto the card and the camera did pick the number up and continued sequentially from there.

Today it was only a matter of renumbering 10 images but if this happens to a card full of images it would be a major pain.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

07-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Heinrich,

In the rec. mode menu screen, go to memory and then file no. make sure it is set to ON (with a check mark) otherwise, the file no. returns to the lowest number of the SD memory card inserted.

Hope it helps
07-15-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi Alfred and thank you. I just made sure and it is on. This is what makes it so puzzling, nothing has changed in any settings and right now everything seems to be back to normal.
07-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Maybe an old card or you missed on file on it from anotherr camera. I know you said reformatted but maybe it is old and somehow it stayed. Just a thought.