Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2016, 05:22 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I shot K-5IIs and K-3 side by side for several months, then retired the K-5IIs. The k-3 produces, IMHO, much nicer images. However, it is a different sensor than the k-5 series and I was initially very disappointed with the k-3 until I realized I was shooting and developing the k-3 files the same as the k-5 files. Once I threw out everything I learned about the k-5 and started over with new develop presets and as others have noted a little exposure compensation, the k-3 quickly overshadowed the older camera.

I suggest you start with basics on the k-3 and learn to develop for that sensor and see if perhaps you can learn to like the k-3. It is a very good camera but there is a learning curve.
Any insights into what tweaks you made and why?

Switching from a k50 to the k3ii I found that my pictures came out of the camera pretty close to what I would spend ten steps doing to the k50 files and many of them are just fine with out any editing now. Im curious what every else has as basic steps for their pp